Right then....Active8 or Maple8?

E

EC

Activ8 vs Maple8

Just about to get 10kg of some base mix or other, to use for carp, tench, barbel and maybe bream!

I've been on activ8 combined with activator liquid which has caught me many species of fish.

What is the difference between Activ8 and maple8, and does maple 8 need any other attractor additive?

Activ 8 (?57 per 10Kg post free) + activator

Maple 8 (?60 per 10kg post free) + ??

cheers

EC

E

EC

Cheers Goff, do you use any other additives with it or is it straight out the bag?

Oh yeah what does it smell like?

F

Frothey

the clue's in the name eddie!

same as activ8, base mix plus the activator, in this cast activ maple8 and its about a quid more than the normal stuff.

E

EC

Is the smell more 'roller friendly' knowing that others will be helping me with the rolling?

Welsh Goff I Do luv My Sheep

Reaction score
Eddie, to me it is herbs and spices love it.
Never been a realy big bait freak, but the two baits i always have in the freezer are maple8s and tutti frutti

F

Frothey

doesn't matter what the bait smells like eddie, to most women it'll still stink!

B

Big Rik

maple 8's are just A8's with maple flavouring.
same as the newer pineapple ones.
They'll bring out another flavour next year, all based on the same basemix.

I use standard A8's, best bait ever invented.

E

EC

No disrespect intended Ricardo, are they defo the same bait?

Describe maple8 smell please someone, just thinking of my unwilling helpers and I don't know what maples smell like!

Cheers again

EC

F

Frothey

they are slightly different, the maple8 base mix was "tweaked" a little, and the bait is a bit sweeter, rather than savoury.

go to the supermarket and crack open a tin of maple syrup...hard to describe. maple cream was my favourite hutchy flavour.....

i'd go with what rik says though....stick with the origional

E

EC

I do have confidence in a8, so will probably stay with it (anywhere cheaper than ?57 per 10Kg incl postage?)

What is the shelf life whilst in the bucket, any idea, it will take me a few years to use 10kg unless I prebait or start chucking shed loads of freebies in?

Also I often tend to freeze, defrost, refreeze and defrost baits again and again, does this have any detrimental effect in your opinion?

B

Big Rik

detrimental?
drop some glug in the bag when they defrost and you'll have the best barbel bait known to man.....

E

EC

No I meant defrosting it time and again?

I take out say 8oz of bait, use less than half of it, refreeze, same next time!

So its possible the same boilies could be getting frozen and refrozen half a dozen times or more!

B

Big Rik

and?

my only problem Eddie, is that you're not using genuine Mainline baits.

You're obviously using a bait rolling comapnay that is rolling their basemix.
10kgs of ready rolled is about 7kg of base mix, trade price on 7kgs is about ?40, plus a bottle of pop at another ?6 trade and they're rolling that and delivering it for ?10 profit?
Bait rolling companies charge a minimum of ?2 a kilo to roll any base mix.
Just be very wary that it's true mainline and they're not cutting it with something cheaper.
I know a few people who have gone down the cheaper route and ended up binning the bait because it was so inferior to the genuine product.

F

Frothey

nah, he's rolling his own rik - read the top post.

no-one does the mix much cheaper eddie, they dont need to!

B

Bully

Maple8 is my fave bait. I tend to use Active8 as freebies and use M8 as a hook bait. Dunno why, just seemed a good idea!

Never fish without them.

And Eddie, I have re-frozen a number of times. The only issue is that they can get a bit crumbly after a number of times, so I have tended to keep separate from others in the freezer (that have not been defrosted numerous times) and then use the ones de-frosted a number of times as "freebies" in a PVA.

?

<?))))><.???`?. born to fish (callum) made to wor

How much is a kilo?

ByNasty

Reaction score
What are the maple 8's like for barbel, chub and tench? I've used them before but only frozens that had been air dried but to be fair I didn't give them much of a chance and struggled for confidence.

B

Bully

Never used them for barbel, and never use boilies full stop for chub. For tench Maple8 is an excellent bait, although I still prefer to target my tench with maple flavoured chick peas.