GOING TO NASH LAKE IN FRANCE THIS APRIL

• Thread starter Denis Goulding 2
  • Start date
D

Denis Goulding 2

Hi,
I am off to the Nash Lake, for my first excursion to France.
I was wondering if any of you guys have ever been and what did you think of the set up, value for money etc. Of course if you caught or not any tit bits of information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Denis..
oh ye, happy new year to all..

F

Frothey

bit late for opinions now isnt it denis!

not been myself, but theres loads of stuff around on it.....

D

Denis Goulding 2

Frothey,
I know, just had a chance to go to France this year so i took the oppurtunity with two hands. Sorry to hear u not been yourself, hope u grt better soon mate.
will look around and see what is going on.
What would u advise bringing Frothey, as in the way of pop ups and terminal tackle..
Regards,
Denis

F

Frothey

"Sorry to hear u not been yourself, hope u grt better soon mate."

haha good one!

same as you would take to the uk, but its fairly weedy from what i've heard. dont they supply the bait?

C

Cakey

Denis........you will enjoy ,I know several people that have been and the fish are big !

p.s. Frothey not feeling himself..............thats not what his wife told me !

B

Big Rik

mmmmmm, didn't some people who got freebies out there so they could promote the place (e.g. big named anglers sponsored by Nash) say that they wouldn't go back even if it was free?

He may have bolstered his stock since then, but I don't think I've ever seen a good genuine report on the place.

F

Frothey

i have to feel myself.....she wont!

seen a couple of good reviews, but i guess that depends on what they caught!

C

Cakey

trouble with france is we hear all the good reports but never the bad ones

we need another mag with all the blanks and small catches in

trouble is that would be bigger than war and peace every week !

D

Denis Goulding 2

cakey, Big Rik and Frothey,
Thanks for the input, yes Frothey they do supply bait, but i would like to bring my own pop ups, in case we struggle.
I heard it is silty in parts, have not heard too many good reports, there is meant to be some amount of fish in there, and they are colossal according to some reports.
As i have necer been to France i am a bit stumped on what to do.
Any help on rigs, on baiting would be useful, i normally only fish for Carp here at home in Ireland. The fish here tend to be shy as they are pressured.
I am looking forward to the experience, thanks again lads.
Regards,
Denis

F

Frothey

take some pineapple, something like squid and octopus, something like chocolate malt....should cover the options.

and some fake maize, better option if boilies arent the thing ;)

B

Big Rik

"i normally only fish for Carp here at home in Ireland. The fish here tend to be shy as they are pressured."

Pretty much the same over there mate.
They've been fished for on a daily basis for 9 months a year since the place opened, so they'd have seen virtually everything.

D

Denis Goulding 2

Frothey,
Nice one, will bring them along.
Big Rik,
No difference than here at home!!!.
Great, i will get lotsof sleep so..lol..
Regards,
Denis

D

Dex Dev

Hey,

Went to the Nash lake myself last year. There was 10 of us fishing for the week, total of 5 fish caught (3 to me and 2 to my mate) Quite weedy with lots and lots of pads. All boat work so not an easy week if you have not used one before. I would suggest very strong terminal tackle min 30lb hooklengths with sz 2 hooks. The fish are not shy but will trash standard Uk rigs (as found out on first night). Only sells shelf life baits on site so i would take a decent quality freezer bait out with me if i went again. Nothing complicated needed with regards to baiting, but all action came when we sliced our freebie in to sections so they flutter to the bottom. Try and get speaking to the balifs out there Jean Jack and Paul, when they get to no you they should sort you out abit of advice. Also watch for the koipew most nigts i would get bitten off or just chew the hair of the rig. If you get a few bleeps in the night id reel in and rebait just to be on the safeside. The fist morning i reeled in with only one bait on and 2 hairs missing off the rigs. Need anymore info feel free to PM me.

Good Luck

D

Denis Goulding 2

Dex,Dex,
Thanks for the advice, tried to pm u but failed. Sound like i will be getting some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's. 5 fish for 10lads, that was tough going to say the least.
I will try and bring some freezer baits with me. As we are flying this could be difficult. Size 2 are huge hooks, what brand would u recommend. As regards bait size, whatwere u using, did u use butterflys on the hook or just for the freebies. Any luck with pop ups,if so what size..
If u have time, my email address is denissgoulding@yahoo.co.uk

Regards,
Denis