JRC Stealth Brolly with zip front

John West

Reaction score
Hi,

Im considering buying a JRC stealth brolly with the zip in front to turn it into a light summer bivvy.

I only stay a single night usually and only in summer/warm weather. I don't feel I need a full bivvy but I do need an umbrella at times with storm sides.

And other thoughts on this before I commit myself?

Thanks - John.

Paul B

Reaction score
I have the chub 'reflex' version(looks to be the same brolly), it's very good, loadsa room with or without the front, easy to put up. Minus points: some condensation as it's single skin,it's long i.e. 6'ish when folded down and a bit cumbersome in a quiver. Brolly about 4kg on its own, double that with front, pegs, g'sheet.
some cracking deals on them tho, i've seen them in the mags for ?90. you don't get the storm poles for that tho. It can also be bought as a brolly with sides for ?50ish if you don't need the front bit.

John West

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Seen it for ?87.50 includes postage.
Not too worried about the weight even, I have a barrow and wouldn't use it in a quiver either. I would expect some condensation if fully enclosed, but is it too bad or acceptable?
I can even imagine on very warm nights just using it as the brolly with a bed underneath. It's looking promising and I've read a few threads back that refer to it.

John.

C

Cakey

Ive had mine since they first come out and its superb ,the stealth is the only one Ive seen with a gutter which works ,Ive had no condensation
Ive also got the winter skin which Ive not used yet
I do a week at a time in mine in france and I would not go back to a bivvy

Paul B

Reaction score
I'd say the condensation was acceptable and i may be being a bit picky. without the front and using the side storm poles and a coupla pegs at the back it's very stable and you get plenty of cover without the front.
Cakey, i've recently bought the wrap for mine, new off e-bay ?40; hoping to try it out if the roach fish-in takes place end of jan.

C

Cakey

Paul
the only problem with the wrap is you have to leave the zip front off for it to fit so Ive had mine modified so it goes over the lot !

John West

Reaction score
Sounds like its the job then.

Just got to place the order.

Many thanks both.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I also have the JRC Stealth and rate it highly. For overnight sessions its been brilliant. I rarely use the zip in front unless the rain gets that bad and i must say when i've needed to it goes on in literally seconds. Very light too, a move during the night can be done with very little hassle.

Dont forget to buy the storm poles!

John West

Reaction score
Are JRC storm poles the best or would you recommend some other make?

C

Cakey

mine came with the two big front ones and just used a pair of cheapys for the shorter side ones

Peter West

Reaction score
Hi John. Please can you let me know where you can purcahse it from for ?87.50. Thanks Peter

Peter West

Reaction score
Cheers John, looks a good brolly system, been looking for something myself, like you only do single nights and only summer, must be comfortable if Cakey can do weeks in France in it.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've been lurking around, keeping an eye on the forum and watching this thread in particular.

Last year young step-grandson got fed up one day (you might remember the article) and only due to Steve Heard lending us his big Fox brolly did we stay on and catch something. So I've been looking for a top quality brolly with side panels ever since.

If this is good enough for the Cakester, I'm happy and I might even do the odd night now too!!! Just ordered one from the England Angling. Told the guy that because it was on our forum he might sell a few more too which pleased him.

So thanks John and Cakey and Paul B - Once again FISHINGmagic does the bizzo.

Peter West

Reaction score
Hi Woody. Like you said FM does the bizz, shame we can't come to some arrangment with a tackle shop for members for discount, going to make the phone call myself after i have asked my local shop to see if will match price.

John West

Reaction score
Don't think you'll better those prices Peter and I doubt that a local store will be able to match them either, but you never know.

Glad Woody got one. Will have sort one soon now. Thanks everyone.

C

Cakey

mine cost ?125 + ?80 for the winter skin when they 1st come out so you have found them cheap !

C

Cakey

for ?125 I did get 2 banksticks (big ones) ,pegs and groundsheet

W

Wolfman Woody

Had the order confirmed along with price.

Should be with me early next week.

Have you thought about writing a review on it Cakey? There isn't one presently and Graham will love you for it.