The Work Party

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Those of you who read Waterlog, ‘The Work Party’ was written by one of our members about last summer’s tidy up. It was very kind, the reality is nearer ‘Dads Army’, just call me Mainwaring! (Stupid Boy!)

The days are getting longer and the weather is slowly improving (honest) and it’s that time of year again, Work Parties are back!

This year apart from next weekend’s pruning, strimming, chatting and drinking tea, we are planning to up a hut (for the catch log) and a covered store alongside and build a loo.

We all love working at ‘our’ lake. Every year we propose to have ‘no big projects this year’ and every year somebody comes up with a good idea and off we go again!

What are your projects this year? Are all clubs/syndicates like us? Sometimes I think that we spend as much time DIYing as we do angling.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
Been doing a few work parties already this year for my local angling club. Im a tree surgeon by trade so i helped out with some larger trees. The trees (oak and sycamore) had become infected with honey fungus and had died, they where in dodgy positions where if they fell it could potentialy land on a walkway. Another was overhanging the lake so if it went in the job would be a bigger nightmare due to the deep margins. Im fully trained have my own public liability and had consulted the local arboricultural officer in order to determine if the trees or area were protected so covered all bases.

Id recommend getting involved, It was great to put something back into a water and club which i plan to fish a fair bit this summer. If your a new member its a great way to meet over members and "pick" there brains for info RE the clubs waters :) A cracking bunch of lads. :w

002-14.jpg

005-10.jpg

003-11.jpg

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Danny. You sound like the perfect member, apart from the probability that nobody else will stand a chance of winning ‘The Specimen Pot’ for the foreseeable future!:j

In our Syndicate, attendance at a certain number is compulsory, unless you are an OAP! However, all members including the oldies turn up at far more than they need to. We really enjoy it. A few hours improving the fishing and a few more in a very good, traditional country Pub! There are worse ways to waste a Sunday!:w

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
First one of the year yesterday, great turnout, great banter and we got everything done in time to retire to the Coach and Horses for some well earned refreshment and to see Rich’s pictures of India, the Cauvery and Mahseer!:w

Fabulous day, which I finished by getting frozen throwing a lure for our elusive Pike. In other words, I blanked!!:(