JRC Super cocoon

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
A few months ago I brought a super cocoon 3 leg bed chair from JRC, I used it for a week on my club water and what with the pressure of work, family ect, it sat in my tackle shed ever since.

Last weekend I decided to get in a couple of days fishing and dug out my new bed chair to find a mouse had chewed a hole right through it and made a nest inside.

I sent an e-mail to JRC asking if they could quote for a replacement but got no reply, thinking they might still be on holiday I thought I would try to phone, and to my surprise got through.

After explaining the problem to the receptionist she passed me to the distribution department and they told me they could only supply replacement parts for their products if a second hand item came in.

Although their is nothing I can do to get my bed chair back to it former condition prior to my furry friend taking up residence, I can warn other consumers to make sure you can obtain spare parts for your expensive tackle before you commit to buy.

If anyone has one with a bent frame and a good cover they want to sell please let me know.

Regards,

Jon.

W

Wolfman Woody

That's a shame, but the same thing happened to Graham, our beloved editor.

He only found out when he came all the way down to Blue pool and had nothing to sleep on as the bed was also wet with mouse urine. That was a JRC bed as well if I remember. Mice must love JRC.

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
I received an e-mail from JRC asking me to contact their Paul in the warehouse. I phoned the next day and was told they had a replacement cover for my bed chair, but unfortunately there would be a small charge.

I was so made up, I was happy to pay the asking price of just over 40 quid inc P.P.

I was gutted when that furry monster plotted up in my Cocoon, but now all is back to normal and I would like to thank JRC and Paul on this forum for their help.