what do you think of this for a chub pre baiting mix

nicky

Reaction score
I went to morrisons today to buy some cheap bread to bait a swim that i've been baiting with bread for the last few days (right next to where i work) but they didn't have any left so i bought the following bread and mixed it all together ready for tommorrow along with some bread i had left in the cupboard: -

crusty granary stick

crusty wholemeal stick

fruit teacakes

crusty rolls

french stick

braces sliced bread

farmhouse loaf

I had bought 2 carrier bags full of assorted bread which they sell cheap to get rid of for 96 Pence, Bargain!!!!!!!!!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Don't forget to let the bread go slightly stale, it turns into a much better mash if you do.
I also throw a handfull or two of crushed cornflakes into mine, it really brings that oven fresh smell out.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Now that is what I call a good idea Frank, much more preferable to feeding the fish, theres nothing to beat a slice of fruity bread pudding with steaming hot custard, yummy.

" I also throw a handfull or two of crushed cornflakes into mine".

I'll tell you something even better than that off the breakfast table and thats 'weetabix', theres something in them that really attracts fish and they are especially useful in canal groundbaits. It used to be one of our "secret" additives on the canal match scene years ago and it really does work and bream/skimmers can't enough of it.

Not so sure if it would improve the mixture for chub because they are attracted to bread anyway, its like a magnet to them for some reason but it won't deter them, thats for sure.

nicky

Reaction score
I used to use weetabix to mix in with my maggots if they started to sweat in the summer months to soak up the moisture, it would soon pep them up, never found anything better, whats drier than a weetabix.
Then when using the maggots in a block end feeder on a river I imagine that all the little bits floating downstream would help to attract the fish.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i leave my pieces of bread like graham in a net hanging up etc...i then take the bread fishing with me and do what i saw john wilson do on a dvd.place some bread in my landing net and then dunk it under the water for a min or two,the lift the net out and take the soaked bread and give it a good old mashing in my hands.
it works a treat and i have never encountered any problems with it so far.
fishing with mash id fast becoming one of my favourite methods.

nicky

Reaction score
I've even used bread mash for stillwater roach when i can't be bothered to liquidise it, and although it may not be ideal as it is easier to fill the fish, providing i mash it well and use grape size balls i've had some really good bags of roach and kept them feeding all day.
I thought the mixture of bread i've used above makes an interesting change full of different flavours and textures.
I've just chucked some more in my spot ready for the morning, see how it goes now.