Selby 3 Roach

C

Chub King

Right, three weeks exactly until I'm heading up to North Yorks for a session on Selby 3 chasing after rumours of huge redfins.
Just trying to get a feel for how many will be up for braving the elements in pursuit of a roach personal best. I shall ring Gordopn Fowler the bailiff towards the end of next week but I doubt there will be any need to book pegs as few anglers will be carp fishing seriously at this time of the year.
I'll post Gordon's number nearer the time so that anyone wanting further info can call him.
Can you all please post if you intend to turn up?
Cheers,
Greg

C

Chub King

Er, the dates that most seemed happy with were January 27, 28 and 29 (Firday through Sunday). I'm having the Friday off so that I can get there while it's still light.

fishy pete

Reaction score
book me and cat in for sat 28th full day, and sat night may be a possibility ,but got a match booked on my lakes sunday so dont know if i can definatlly do night,will inform you Greg cheers.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Damn, cant make it, fishing the Test on the Sunday.

:eek:(

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Count me in. I'll be up lunchtime Saturday and fish through till same time Sunday.

Paul B

Reaction score
Hi all, was talking to a lad in work who has fished selby and asked about the particle rule regards hemp. He had asked about it and hemp seed is banned due to inconsiderate use in the past e.g. Bozo turns up with 5 pints of hemp, uses 1 fishing , dumps other 4 at end of session.
Apparently sweetcorn is allowed tho.

B

Bob Watson

Looks like the new(ish) site is still under construction. The bait link doesn't respond.

Paul B

Reaction score
Latest weather forecast on metcheck for w'end 27th on is dry, low winds from the east, temps;high 5?c, low -2?c(at night). Don't forget a warm sleeping bag!

S

sash

So how many are definates then? I make it 6 or so? Anyone turning up for daytime only or is everyone doing the night (s) too?

Greg,

Do you know if the roach are caught at night too? The only time I've fished it and tried waggler/maggot etc I was plagued by small perch / the odd smallish tench. I presume that the boilie route may be good one or is it a bolt-rig maggot job?

Paul B

Reaction score
Sash, I'll be doing the friday and sat inc nights (bit far to head home in between)

I've not fished there before and was going to try maggot/caster/redworm on one rod and bread/pellet/boilie on the other and see how we go. probably float fish in the day/evening and then leger at night.

A mate at work fished here earlier in the year for carp and was catching bream on pellet- worth trying brown bread for the roach as discussed on another thread?

CAT

Reaction score
Greg, Just to confirm what Billy boy has said, i will be coming up with Billy Boy to Selby on the 28th and will stay if Bill can get cover for his lakes, looking forward to it all ready.

Paul B

Reaction score
I've just been on the selby 3 lakes web site to get directions for friday and the link on the home page won't work. Can anyone give me directions off the M62 please? (travelling eastwards from Warrington. Ta.

B

Bob Watson

Time Mile Instruction For Towards
Summary: 80.2 miles (1 hour, 17 minutes)
09:00 0.0 Depart Warrington on B5210 (North-East) 0.1 mi
09:01 0.1 Turn LEFT (North-West) onto A49 1.9 mi
09:04 2.0 At M62 J9, turn RIGHT (East) onto M62 71.1 mi Trafford Park
10:08 73.1 At M62 J34, bear LEFT (North-East) onto A19 7.1 mi Selby
10:17 80.2 Arrive Selby

SUMMARY
Total distance: 80.2 miles
Length of trip: 1 hour, 17 minutes
Driving time: 1 hour, 17 minutes
Cost: ?6.28

B

Bob Watson

You'll find 3 lakes on the A1041, it's pretty well known locally so stop and ask for directions.

I might turn up with some lobs and pull out a big Eel or two!

C

Chub King

Right all. I'll be getting there Firday lunchtime to fish through to Sunday lunch. Hope to meet some of you there. Useful info below...
The bailiff's name is Gordon and his mobile number is 07818 092420.
The web address is: selby3lakes.com
Cost to us on this occasion is ?10 per night, maggot and caster reportedly the best baits (floatfished by coarse anglers) - he didn't know about bread. Sweetcorn a no goer.
Rules on the website only apply to carpers - we can use hemp and light lines.
Getting there from down south: Up A1 to A63 to Selby, follow that round the south of the town until roundabout with the A1041 where you turn left into Selby (Bawtry Road) - the lakes are accessed through a turning on the left (I think it's either the second or third a few hundred yards from the roundabout - it is signposted, but not well). You can view the lake's location on Multimap.
Gordon will ring me Thursday if the lake is frozen over.
Greg