The Cinema Revisited

J

john ledger

Went to the cinema yesterday. took my wife and grandson to see the Chronicles of Narnia. Last film i saw was ET when we lived in Australia 1981,cannot remember last i saw in UK but i am sure there was a fellow playing an organ.
Gone are the days when i used to watch Roy Rodgers as a kid and we would all come out smacking our backsides as if we where riding a horse

B

Bob Watson

The last time I went was to take our lass to see Ransom, at her insistance I hasten to add. The time before that was probably Grease in the seventies. If you want to actually watch a film and be able to hear it clearly, wait until the house is empty, at the very least devoid of women and children, oh yeah! I already said empty! and put a DVD on. A few non essential items to make your viewing that little better are a miniature fridge holding enough cans to last the duration and surround sound so loud that you can't hear the neighbours banging on the walls.

I don't think I'll ever visit the cinema again.

T

The Monk

I`m with you on that one Bob, horrible places modern Cinemas, think the last time I went was to see Rambo and even in those days the pop corns cost an arm and leg, no give me a good DVD and some peace and quiet anytime

B

BLAM

Saw King Kong in the States over Christmas at one of those behemoth multiplexes with 20 odd screens. Had to pop out to the loo about half way through and forgot which number screen/auditorium the family was in. It took about 20 mins to find them as at least 5 screens were simultaneously showing the same film. It's all changed from the smokey Odeon's of my youth. Nowadays its all big time SFX and no second (short) film.

J

john ledger

Believe it or not fellows the popcorns where priced at ?7 90p a large tub.
Cinemas not like it used to be,setting fire to the girls hair,having a crafty fag(Domino pack of three) and shouting "Geronimo) every time the manager walked around.
Yesterday we sat through about 45mins of trailers and the wife fell asleep,had to wake her up for the main event

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I remember the old days of the old bug houses. The group of us who sat together smoking rank shag creating enormous clouds of smoke. The snogging on the back row.

And at the end of it you had to stand for the National Anthem.

:eek:)

J

john ledger

Should have had old Monk (Morris dancing) that would have made her laugh

T

The Monk

Oh you mean the Flea Pits mate, yes the old back seat, in those days they wore sussy`s and stockings, none of these bloody Fort Knox tights

J

john ledger

Old Roy Rodgers was a great bloke ,he never swore always said a prayer at the end of the film,in fact thinking about it he was a right pain in the arse

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Sunkist, Kiora.
And all whilst walking backwards. Clever things these usherettes were.

T

The Monk

I knew one once Baz who would give you an ice cream and a blow job and you`d still have change from 2 and 6

R

I well remember the birds of the 60s with those outrageous hairstyles which felt like stiff haystacks.

And they all insisted on wearing those idiotic one piece dresses right up to the neck with massive chastity belt type underwear underneith. And they used to plaster their faces with about a 1/4 of an inch of make-up.

And when you tried anything they complained that their false eyelashes were coming off; amongst other false things too.

All on the back seat of the flea pit.

Remember them mate. No perhaps you wouldn't - not as old as me.

R

Oh for a period they all wanted to look like Christine Keeler and Helen Shapiro...... Uuurggh!!

And worse still - Pricilla White!!!

Ugly Scouse Bitch!

Nostalgia for you mate.

R

I remember one particular bird I dated who was quite decent looking. So I invited her to come with me to my firms dinner dance.

She turned up looking like Sandy Shaw with fine bits of tinsel just above her eyes.

When I told her to go and wash her face she walked out on me. Never saw her again.

L

Les Clark

Nothing wrong with Christine Keller or Sandy Shaw Ron ,you were just a fussy git .

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Ah yes Christine Keeler.
I remember her from the Art Colledge.
Her favourite colours were Indigo Black or White.

T

Terry Comerford

The usherettes at our cinema used to give you a 69.Or was it a 99?

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I can remember when you got a B film (usually black & white), Pathe or Movietone News, Pearl & Dean Adverts, Trailers of the next week's films and then the main feature film.
Not forgetting, of course, the mad rush for the exit before the playing of the National Anthem.
Oh yes and a good snog and grope in the back row.

T

Terry Comerford

Frank, used to have a gstring in the back row, but I guess a grope was probably worn by a proper woman.