double catch

J

john gilliver

When using 2 rods what do you do if you have a fish on both at the same time and you are on your own.It must happen to most of you regulary eh?

E

EC

Most of the blokes here catch eff all mate!

Seriously it's never happened to me since I was a kid when I sometimes used to fish 2 float rods for small roach perch crucians etc.

J

john gilliver

Cheers Eddy,Iwonder if the reason they dont catch eff all is cos they are always on their pc's? I bet they have Lap tops and take them with them so they dont get bored
eh? (only kidding chaps)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've often thought the same John, it's never happened to me yet, but I always go with a mate so it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Laptop...! That would be the straw that broke the camels back, if you've seen how much tackle I carry you would know.
It would be good to give a live report though.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
It's happened to me once on a small comercial type runs water, at first i thought the first fish had gone through the other line then I noticed the rod bucking! I shoved the second rod between my legs, bullied the first one into the net then played the other in. It all ended up alright in the end but I was a bit lucky I have to admit.

J

jason fisher

land one as quickly as possible then hope the other is still landable if it is land it as qickly as possible while retaining the other in the net if you are careful it is possible to stand on the end of a landing net handle while you play a fish without breaking the handle. most memorable time it happened to me i got a bite on the second rod while i was playing a pike around 18lb, which stayed in the net while i reeled in the second pike which was around 13lb chinned it and returned it then unhooked the first one