Africa and The Antipodes

dezza

Reaction score
In a short while I shall be off on another half way around the globe trip, this time taking in South Africa and New Zealand.

My first 3 weeks are spent fishing for very big carp and some local indigenous species. I will be renewing contact with old friends I have not seen for over 20 years. It's going to be in many ways a heart rending experience. But the fishing should be good.

And then off to Australia where number 1 son has fixed a trip to the capital Canberra, taking in some lakes in the Snowy Mountain area.

And then off for a week to New Zealand, where in the Shadow of Mount Cook on South Island I will be fishing for huge seatrout.

Then back to Australia where we will catch our breakfasts most mornings in the Pacific. I leasurely final few weeks, taking in the sounds and scent of New South Wales. Maybe another trip up to the Blue Mountains.

Yes, it's the trip of a lifetime, and I doubt if I will ever be able to do it again.

:)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Firstly good luck Ron and enjoy your trip

Secondly - glad to see your keeping the oil companies(and my shares in money)
thirdy - well done for adertising you will be away for so long - the house burgulars will be pleased to know

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Sounds great

Just spoke to my sister on the phone. She spent Christmas in Australia and New Zealand (north island). And I think youre in for a great time from what she told me. So have a gooden.

dannytaylor

Reaction score
sounds fantastic Ron, are you going to have a go for the monster freshwater Eels on the south island? Love to have a go for these but at 20Ib plus i think i would be scarred stiff of them :eek:

dezza

Reaction score
No, I rather fancy the seatrout which run the rivers in March, as well as the kahawai.

Some of the wild brown trout are confirmed rat eaters. They also fancy baby hobbits.

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Have a great time Ron, really envious but I'll be back out in Oz real soon as there's a first grandson on the way and he'll be wanting to go fishing................well in a few years time.

Send plenty of virtual cards!

All the best,

Steve