cheese paste

J

jay spurr

could anyone tell me where i can find the recipe for cheese paste cos i cant find it thanks.and wat other baits can i us in pva bag apart from carp pellets and boilies poss some good oils.

C

Chub King

500g shortcrust pastry and 500g (or so) of Danish Blue cheese.
Lethal!

J

jay spurr

then wat do you do?just mix it together cos i missed the write up about it.

C

Chub King

Chop the pastry into small squares and chop the cheese (which is crumbly), then knead together (messy!). Bob's your uncle! Can be frozen, but takes ages to defrost.

Peter West

Reaction score
Hello All. Just finished making some paste, took ages kneading, but its still a bit sticky, is that right or should my hands be fairly clean, or does it need more cheese or pastry. Peter

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
A bit more pastry by the sounds of it Peter, it should be a lovely soft ball, not sticky.

Good luck.

C

Chub King

Cheesepaste should be just the ticket over the next week following all the rain we're going to get.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

keep kneading it and eventually the stickiness will go (sometimes takes 10 minutes)

Peter West

Reaction score
Thanks All. Can anyone let me know whos makes a green cheese liquid additive. going on Ribble today after work at 2pm will let you know how my paste goes on.Peter

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Following the advice of Tony Miles, if you freeze your cheese paste, it improves the consistency no end.

Also, i use a rolling pin to squash the cheese, which gets rid of the lumps quicker.