Litter again

B

Bob Watson

Cleans up anglers mess!!

We really are our own worst enemies. I had a few hours Piking (had a low double ;-)))on the Tees today. I walked past an angler, also Piking, and set up about 50 yds downstream of him. After a while I heard a splash and noticed a dog having a swim, the angler had gone, unnoticed by me, and the dog owner was filling a carrier bag with his shite, empty deadbait bags, crisp bags, a milk carton, the usual. The dog walker then shouted to ask if the dog was spoiling my fishing, I replied no. He came and had a chat and it turned out he lives in one of the houses adjacent to where I was parked. He regularly picks up litter. He said it really is the minority that leave the crap behind them. Not the point really is it! He could, if the fancy took him, start to make life difficult for the rest of us.

I informed him that I'd have picked it up on my return and he said "I know, I saw you put your bait (dead) wrappings and pie wrapper in your bait bucket" It really is that easy!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It's a shame Bob that "anglers" no thats wrong, their not anglers, "assholes" leave their mess behind.
They F**k it up for all of us!
It's easy! Pick it up and take it home!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

It's not just that litter is unsightly but luncheon meat tins, glass bottles (thankfully now somewhat of a rarity) and discarded lines can be downright dangerous to others and wildlife.
Anyone caught leaving litter in their swims should be banned for life.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I fished a swim the other day, it was full, no shit! Full of tins of "frenzied hemp, lunch and corn" Assholes!

Good job I took my trolley!
I whent home heavier than I started, TOSSERS!
When will they learn?

colsmiff

Reaction score
Its not just "open" venues either, our club junior pool can often be left in a terrible state. Some carp targetting toerag (I wont call him an angler)thinks it is acceptable to wind his discarded line (15lb sensor by the look of it and with its end tackle intact) around a stick and throw it into the nearest long grass. Twice last summer my 3 yo boy got tangled in this when he was out with us on a family fishing day.
When I see said person in the act I will insert his card where the sun don't shine.
Like DB says, tossers.

J

jason fisher

who ever does that col should be banned from angling for life.

J

john ledger

Bob
i fished a stretch of my local river Don yesterday and it was full of caster bags and it really pisses me off.
Instead of speed cameras we should have litter cameras with a fine of ?200 for every tab end litter food dropped. If the fine is not paid in two weeks i would confiscate their car and television set ans if that did not work i would strip em naked with a sign i am a litter lout stamped on their body

T

The Monk

I once had a dog shit on my bivvy

never invited her round again I can tell you

W

Wolfman Woody

Quite right Monk. No place for the likes of her in angling eh?

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I went piking on the River Torne and it was shocking.
There was dozens of empty deadbait packets as well as the more usual crap. There was also empty vodka bottles and bonfire remains.
I would normally pick the litter up and put it in a bag, but for this case i would have had to phone a skip hire firm.

J

jon helyer

I always carry a black dustbin bag in my rucksack(it weighs nothing), not for my own rubbish, but everyone else's! I probably pick up 4 bagloads a season, to be fair though it's not all obvious angler related junk. Some has been left behind after floods and some is in car parks following 'dogging'sessions I suspect. What I have noticd is the same areas are bad, year in year out....pain in the arse

J

john ledger

Well done i say to the dog that shit in Monks bivvy,hope it was St Bernard that had been constipated for a week

John Tighe

Reaction score
This dog fouling on the Leeds to Liverpool tow has a time factor and the time factor is this these people take their dogs for a specific reason for a good crap and its seems that it is always on the swims that are best.
The times are when people have work and the dog is cooped up all day and needs the exercise.The times are after 3.30 pm and the authorities should nail them with severe fines like the councils do.
These people are so easy to be caught and from a health and safety point with it being on canals and the water is the best carrier of disease and the dog owner should be walking the canals with their dogs because they are a liability.
So wake the Enviroment and do your duty and nail these these dirty people and earn your fees that we anglers pay gladly.
So shop them and put pressure on the Government to do something about dog fouling.We should all do our bit and take our rubbish home and bin it.
We live in the best country in the world RULE BRITTANNIA.
Take note all anglers and dog foulers.John Tighe