What Gear?

Paul Maclennan

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and to carp fishing in general. I'm looking to buy all the kit that I need to fish Monk Lakes in Kent. I would really appreciate some advice on which rods reels scales and chairs to buy. My budget for everything is ?450-500. Also if you know the name of a good tackle seller that would be really helpful. At the moment I have seen two fox rangemaster rods with Shimano GTEB reels they looked good.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Maclennan.

B

Big Rik

You're probably not going to get many answers to this one Paul.

Your best bet is to look at any of the classifieds and try to buy a complete set up second hand.
You'll get better gear for less money, without the chance of forgetting anything.

Paul Maclennan

Reaction score
Oh well guys, thanks anyway. I'll have a good look at the second hand market and see if I can get some good stuff. Cheers,

Macca.

?

<?))))><.???`?. born to fish (callum) made to wor

hope this helps

rods:wychwood rogue rod or wychwood rogue mk2 rod there both good value ?30-?45

reels: I think you were spot on with gte-b

landing net: there is some nice pro logic ones 42" is best for carp aim for about ?50

scales: flywieght scales are great value for money and you get them for about ?25

unhooking mat: get a beenie mat you can buy these from many places cheepest is ?20

alarms: fox micron m is a very good worth while alarm for ?......................25

swingers: these are everywere just go buy some from ebay

all the rest like terminal tackel just take a few quid down your local tackel shop

www.fishtec.co.uk