Massive Blunder

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I watched Day Ticket (I think) at the weekend on SKY.

Now while I like watching these two mates fishing for what ever, I couldn't help but notice that a tench was the first fish to be caught, which went straight onto the bare ground to be unhooked.

Some time later a carp was caught by the same angler, but this was ceremoniousely laid on an unhooking mat.

Why? what is the difference?

Did anybody else see it?

N

NottmDon

Didnt see it Baz but in my opinion theres no difference. I think every angler/fisherman should carry an unhooking mat if they are fishing catch and release style.

Gudgeon Basher

Reaction score
I Didn't see this particular programe but this sort of thing happens much too often. The closest fishery to me runs opens several times a week. The fishery manager will often walk the bank during weighing in to make sure that any carp are properly handled but the same person will unceremoniously toss "lesser" species back from the position of the scales, often several yards from the edge.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I am glad that nobody is taking this as a bash at the carp lads, because it isn't. A fish is a fish no matter what species.

Good point G.B. and welcome to the site mate.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I saw that Baz and thought the same as you.

W

William Spencer

baz,i watched day ticket when first broadcast and thought it was piss poor from the start.