Carpers Dozen

Joe Hopkins

Reaction score
has any one read the book carpers dozen if so what do you think about it
RRP.?9.99
year 2004

L

little Stu!

I dunno why u keep buying these books cake-ole, you never change your tactics you old git!

C

Cakey

just finished one called "Better Angling For All" by Clive Gammon it cost 3/6 in 1963 and I got it at the local charity shop for 25p.....brilliant

S

Sage

So what is the best Carp book you have read then?
for me it has to be "Casting at the Sun"

C

Cakey

Im about to start one called "The Angler's Handbook"
Ive got the fourth edition 1962 cost 2s,it says written by a well known angler but dont say who
this one cost me 20p at the same shop

C

Cakey

Ive read loads and loads and basically enjoyed them all but one of the best down to earth carp books is...............Terry Hearn - In Pursuit Of The Largest

S

Sage

A good book, I agree. The image of Tel in his postman's hut making up his hooklengths made me smile...
Just finished Jim Shelley's Carping uncut....glad I borrowed it raher than bought it. I found it very repetitive.

C

Cakey

Carp Fever is the only one annoying me at the mo cant get better than a fourth edition hard back ,anyone got better for sale ??

C

Cakey

got that one too Sage dont know what to make of him but the photos are the best around !

S

Sage

Mines the 10th edition....
but there is a 2nd edition and one saying 1981 on Ebay at the moment.

S

Sage

Some very nice pictures, I got some strange looks while reading that on the train this week :)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Carp Fever is the only one annoying me at the mo cant get better than a fourth edition hard back ,anyone got better for sale ??"

Got original mate, at me dads house somewhere, want it?????

Think i got KM to sign it at a broadwater charity do back in the late 80s early 90s.

"Ive read loads and loads and basically enjoyed them all but one of the best down to earth carp books is...............Terry Hearn - In Pursuit Of The Largest"

yeah right

C

Cakey

yeah...I like the bit on how to poach other anglers swims......................

B

Brendan Ince

hi just started carp fishing. atm i am meathod feading but i wont to buy a book thet shows me diffrent ways to fish this is because i went fishing last week paid to go on then was told i couldnt use a meathod feeder please could someone recomend a book to me so i could read up on the likes of pva bags and the likes ty for taking the time to read this post

B

Bill Cox

Bit like you cakey i can,t help rifling through the old books in charity shops. bought loads that way. Also a bit addicted to amazon at the moment, great way to buy books and cds, dvds etc Just bought an anthology of fishing tales put together by Jerremy Paxman, only half way into it but its very good.

F

Frothey

juist have a look through the technique and rigs sections on here brendan.....

or lee jacksons book'll give you a goos start.