smartcast

B

Bob Watson

Probably one for Cakey!

My mate's just bought a second hand one and the battery's knackered in the remote unit, can he replace it or is he gonna have to fork out ?30 for a new unit?

C

Cakey

Bob follow my instructions on here to get the top off then change battery which just slides in and out then refit top and seal cost ?1

K

keith reid

couldn't find this , can you put in a link or where it is ? Thanks , Keith.

G

Grant Lever

i,d be very interested how to change battery also.met a guy who says he cut top off turret,uncurled airial,then extended turret and sealed up to get more range,anyone tried this.?

J

jason fisher

there's an instruction on here written by the nice mr cakey on how to do both of em.

J

jason fisher

click on mr cakey name then click on the my articles tab then open the smartcast article . then follow what it says.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

knob jockey?

thats rich coming from the southampton toilet trader

G

Grant Lever

thats brilliant,thanks guys,p.s. dont know if you all realies but when batteries go in main set,same withbaitboat handsets,you only need to change the end one(dont know which end though) regards grant.

J

jason fisher

doing that can of course set it on fire as the mismatch in powers of the batteries tries to equalise itself.

G

Grant Lever

what ,so if i put 8 new batteries in and 1 is duff it catches fire ? not had any problems in 7 years

C

Cakey

change all 8 and stop being tight !

ps because the batteries are connected in series equal current is drawn through each one