Only One

Ginger

Reaction score
If you could fish for only one species of fish for the rest of your angling life which would it be and what method would you use?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

For me it has to be the roach.

As a close second - American Smallmouth Bass.

D

Deecy ACA

Sounds like a vision of hell to me,variety is the spice of life, however I suppose Chub as they offer such varied opportunities throughout the year regardless of weather.

L

Laurie Harper

Guess I'd take up golf. Variety is the spice of life.

T

The Monk

Probably stick with the old carp, I`ve come this far catching them so what the hell!

W

Wolfman Woody

I'm with Laurie, I'd pack it in too.

Far too boring chasing the same species all the time, I really don't know how some people who will only fish for carp, say, can abide it. It's the variety that offers the challenge,but thankfully that day when we have only one species left will never come.

It's humorous, but whenever someone put up a thread saying "Name ONE...", you always get Ron naming two. Then someone else, Tom above, will name three and that will very soon be followed by someone else who'll state four and so on. In the end there'll be a full list of all species, which is how I'd like it to remain.

stuart clough

Reaction score
One species - forever....hmmmm??

In that case it would have to be dace - double maggot on a size 16 to 4lb line.

I'm sure I'd land my share of roach, barbel, chub, bream, tench, carp, perch, trout, grayling, eel etc etc, all by accident of course ;>)

F

Fred Bonney

Jeff,it must have something to do with,my ones bigger than yours. ;O)