The Complete Angler.

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

An actor will be folowing in the footsteps of Izaak Walton in the start of a new angling series tomorrow night on Sky. ( 13/1/06)
Just thought I'd let you know.

W

Wolfman Woody

"An actor"?

Geoffrey Palmer, that would be. He of "Bit of a cock-up on the food front." from 'The Fall and Rise of Riginald Perrin'. He was in 'Butterflies' as well, but that was crap in my opinion. 'As Time Goes By.'?

He has a really well-lived in face.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Let's hope he doesn't cock this up then. But I must admit, from the bit of the trailer I watched, he did seem to have a bit of a clownish, carefree, laidback, type of attitude.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I'll be watching.
From what I've heard Geoffrey Palmer is a keen angler and really wanted to do this series.
It's going to be interesting to see how they follow Waltons footsteps on the River Lee, now a canal.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
The Compleat Angler
Izaak Walton?s 1653 classic, The Compleat Angler, is being brought to life for the 21st century in a brand new 10-part series

Episode breakdown

1. Chubb and Roach/River Lee
2. Barbel, Trout and Grayling River Avon /River Lathkil
3. Trout/River Dove
4. Channel and Eels/Kent
5. Gudgeon, Ruffe and Bleak/River Lee
6. Salmon/Scotland/Northumberland
7. Bream and Zander/River Stour
8. Pike/River Wensome
9.Tench and Perch/Sparsholt College/ Winchester,They also visit a trout farm in search of perch
10. Carp/river Avon with fishing legend Chris Yates

The Compleat Angler premieres on Discovery Real Time on Friday 13th January at 9.00pm. The ten-part series will transmit thereafter in this day and time slot

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Should be interesting. Things have sure changed in 350 years.

Thanks to Discovery the only station willing to supply our needs. Unlike the useless gits at the BBC who only want my money for channel i dont watch.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Isn't "Passion 2" coming out on BBC with Martin Bowler and guests?Does anybody have any ideas as to when

Ginger

Reaction score
I believe Hugh Miles is still filming this,don`t think it`s on until next year.