Time is running out on the rivers.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm off to the Stour this weekend for a final attempt at those monster chub.
After that I will be concentrating on pike.
My final session will be the Thames Fish-in, which I am really looking forward to.

The clock is ticking!

What plans have you got?

T

Terry Comerford

River Arrow Wixford.
River Stour Wolverley Kidderminster.
River Leam Leamington.
River Severn Coalport.
River Salwarpe Worcester.
The Mill Avon Tewkesbury.
River Teme Knightwick.
Warwickshire Avon Hampton Ferry.
All before the 13th March. :)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve, I will be joining you on the Thames on the Saturday and I have then a pass out to head down to the Stour and Avon for the last 3 days in search of Chub,Roach or maybe , wether permitting, a big fat winter Barbel.To say I am looking forward to it would be an understatement!

No doubt Mark will give you some pointers on the chub, but dont forget the float rod as now the weed has cleared a lot of the biggies seem to come out on trotted maggots.Head downstream from School Bridge to avoid the crowds and give each swim an hour or so with plenty of feed.

N

NottmDon

May give the Trent another few trys,hope it warms up a bit though as the banks are a bit iffy when that frost comes down. This as happened as I have been fishing,the whole of my kit was white as snow the other night as the frost took hold. Strange thing is that as I packed my stuff away it actually started to warm up a degree or two. It was pleasant though as I like the rivers particularly at this time of year.

F

Fred Bonney

Swan River for me ;O0
back for few days at the end, on the Trent

T

Terry Comerford

No DB, I go in all weathers and sometimes do two venues in one day!
I travel light and rove along, bliss!

C

Chris Bishop

Got really into one river this winter, putting a day a week into it on the boat.

I'd actually rather fish rivers than anywhere else, maybe it's the bent pin and jam jar thing.

Ginger

Reaction score
The Chelmer and the Blackwater,both running at summer levels at the moment,very low and very clear.(We`ve had such little rain over the last few months).Makes the fishing that much harder.

marcus ballam

Reaction score
going for a 3 day holiday, fishing one day each at the royalty, throop and the severals. i have not fished any of these before, if any one has any tips that would be great!!!

I'm getting pretty excited at the thought of my first barbel!!!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Marcus,

Worth noting that The Several Fishery is no longer day ticket; it is guest ticket (of a member) or members only.

Much better bet for a first barbel is next summer on the Severn or Wye.

Ask DB who caught his first barbel yesterday!

Mark

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It was me little bruv (Little Siss) who had the barbel and chub Mark, all I know how to catch are minnows!
I can't even scratch a dace out.

;-]

Beecy

Reaction score
I always try to get down to the Witham during the last weeks of the season - dont laugh - tattersal bridge is usualy full of prime roach feb/march.