help on worms

nicky

Reaction score
Guy's I'm in a bit of a predicament, i've got my usual weekly fishing outing tomorrow but I'm that skint after christmas and what with a few other things I can't afford any bait, no money for maggot's can't even afford a loaf of bread.

Now i've got some stale garlic bread which i could liquidise or use as mash, and i've also got a compost heap full of worms, and whilst i have caught hundreds of fish using worms I've never found them the type of bait to catch alot of fish on in a session maybe lucky to catch a few.

I've hardly ever used them chopped mixed with ground bait, using in this form am i more likely to get the fish feeding on them if so have you got any tips.

I have two diferent places in mind for tommorow depending on the weather.

If it doesn't rain too much tonight I'll be going to a rocky weir on a small local river, there are loads of fish in there comprising of mostly grayling, trout including some pretty large ones and I think there are probably chub in there although i've never caught them from this particular spot.

If the river is too high I'll be going to a local pond which hardly anyone fishes but is crammed to the hilt with roach, there are also a few gold fish and carp in there with the odd chub being reported.

Any tips on what tactics to use in these fishing locations with the bait available to me would be much appreciated.

E

EC

18p for a loaf from kwikkies and you havent got the 'bread'?

shouts taxi

E

EC

Chop a few worms up and introduce them by a small feeder if its a river, with a whole one on the hook!

Or chop a few up really fine and bung them in the pond by hand! If the roach are small use a smallish piece of worm on say a 16/18/20 hook.