A couple of questions

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Going to percivere with the boilie making but going to change my mix my problem is i cant decide which base to use i know my ingredients flavours palatants etc etc.

I would prefer a HNV mix but all the ones i can find are fishmeal mixes not what i want can anyone suggest one please.(The mix also needs to be able to carry some particles).

Has anyone seen a rolling table for rolling dumbells?

F

Frothey

you just use a smaller nozzle, ie 15mm nozzle, 20mm table.

fishy pete

Reaction score
have you got a pets at home near you benny?
if so will privately e-mail you an excellent 50% bird food 50% protein mix across?

Tom Herbert

Reaction score
Try Hi-Nu-Val or John Bakers Super Milk Gold, horrible to mix and roll but they are very very good baits

F

Frothey

why dont you want any fishmeal in the bait? there seems to be a fad(?) with people moving away from them at the mo.

what are the other additives you're putting in? they need to compliment the base mix......

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
I already have my fishmeal mix sorted just wanted something different to fish against each other to help me develop my baits further.

I am planning on using tutti as the main flavour with chopped tigers for the added crunch factor add a sprinkling of garam massala a pinch of salt a dash of betaine and all flavour enhancer and a palatant as yet undicided.

Comments/criticisms welcome

F

Frothey

3oz Sluis CLO
2oz Soya Flour
3oz Semolina
2oz Vitamealo
2oz 90 mesh Acid Casein
2oz 90 mesh Rennet Casein
1oz Cheese Powder
1oz Whey Protein Conc
1oz Egg Albumen

was a bait i used to use.......using your bits as well, add about an ounce of tigers, a teaspoon of betaine, 2 teaspoons garam. wouldnt bother with the salt as garam normally has it in there, also i'd stick some fosfor at 15ml in there which'll have natural salts in it as well.
need some oil in it to help it roll, so either 10ml olive oil, or 5ml olive/5ml sessame.
3ml richworth tutti and as a palatant/sweetner i'd use essentials thaumatin b at 1ml

fishy pete

Reaction score
sorry Rik am using the bait on the trent and its working rather well,so untill i've used it to what i see fit as its full potential then i ain't goner spill the beans mate!

will give you one tip though ........
from p.a.h. again, marvelous place it is,
again have tried and tested this one...
bill oddy's insectivorous garden bird food

can buy it buy the 5 k.g bag full,just look were all the garden bird foods are .

makes a fantastic ground bait when mixed 50/50 with a binder.
excellent bag filler in its own right .
also can be turned into boilies if you use your head a bit when it comes to making base mix.

i think it was marketed a few years ago by haith's of grimsby ,under the guise of insectivorous / universal bird food?

F

Frothey

nothing to stop benny spilling them though!

work best for what benny?