FM Trout fishing Fish In - 2006

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

It's getting to be about time when we set a date for our third Fish-In.

Traditionally this is held at Press Manor in Derbyshire.

I suggest this year we have to fish in and competition on Saturday 29th April. Any other suggestions are welcome. Format very much as before.

R

Have just spoken to Graham. 29th is ideal for himself.

fishy pete

Reaction score
sounds good to me Ron, i am sure Cat and myself will be there ,bieng as it is on our door-step.
look forward to meeting you all there.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Hopefully i will be able to make it again. Excellent time had last year. Will have to check for getting the Friday of work. Will confirm nearer the time.

Who's lending Barney there stuff this year ;o)

R

I have stipulated that Barney will have to buy some fly tackle this time.

Mind you I could sell him the line, reel and leader for a hundred quid. It's not been used since he won the last competition.

S

Shrek

Can't miss this now can I so count me in.

Hopefully I can show good form all day this year and not just for the morning.

I'm in Rugby so if anyone would like a lift and are either en route or can get to me fairly easily, let me know.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron suggested Saturday, 22nd April for this event but I'm in Ireland from the Friday 21st to the Saturday 29th. I definitely want to attend so I'm hoping Saturday 6th May will be OK for everybody. I think before 22nd April will be a bit early for the best of the buzzer fishing.

R

The programme for the day goes like this:

Meet 9.00 am at the fishery. Coffee and tea served on the caravan.

Then a bit of instruction for those who have not fly fished before or who are looking to improve their techniques.

11-00 am Fly tying demonstration. We will try and get a really expert fly dresser to do this.

12-30 lunch at the Three Horseshoes which is just up the road.

2-00 pm to 6-30 pm trout competition. The first angler to reach 12 fish caught and released is the winner.

7-00pm presentation of trophies.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's a great event this so don't miss out. If you've not fly fished before then this a good chance to give it a go. There are a few of us, including me, who are happy to loan you the gear you need for the day.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I should be up for it.I bought some fly gear last year and have never used it.

If anybody is interested in sharing a car from Watford/Hemel then let me know.

R

So Saturday 6th of May it is.

I will confirm with Bernie Mayer the fishery owner and will make a booking at the Three Horseshoes.

R

The cost of getting there plus about ?9.00 to ?16 depending how many fish you want to take home plus about ?9.00 for a superb lunch at the pub.

Hope this helps.

And by the way Paul if you latch into a good trout that takes out 50 yards of backing and jumps 15 feet into the air, you just might have to say goodbye to your pike fishing.

When the fly fishing bug bites, it doesn't let go.

R

By the way, early May might see the hawthorn fly around. If so you are into some of the most exciting stillwater dry fly fishing of the lot. Make sure you have a few imitations in your box.

R

And I certainy have about 8 spare fly rods plus reels to loan out.

Whoops..... Don't tell Barney.

It's time he spent some of his vast wealth.

fishy pete

Reaction score
should be able to put together a couple of rods and reels for anybody who falls into the ''never tryed it before catagory''.
bit short on buzzers though?
also only got floating lines on spare rods,they are what are for hire on my lakes and thats all i need on em.

''when the fly fishing bug bites,it doesn't let go''
to true Ron to true!