Dont You Just Love IT

N

NottmDon

At last a let up in the cold snap thats seemed to have gripped the county of Notts just lately. With "mild weather and light showers" forecast I decided to "get some in". Arriving at the river mid afternoon to find a few others had the same idea and the river was fining down nicely. Lovely. No sooner had my rucksack been gently lowered to the floor than the heavens opened in a deluge of bibilical proportions! Hurrying in order to try and not get wet I positioned my brolly in such a way as only I can, the precise angle to fill my chair with water as I wrestled with the rest of my kit in a slight blustery wind. The saying "more speed less haste" was never more apt. Both "made up rods" managed to come undone and tangle (never happens when its sunny) and by the time I was sorted out and set up I was soaked! Other demands meant finishing just before it got too dark which meant sixish. Enjoyed the session despite the weather but wondered how it was possible to collect so much mud on such a short session, I looked like a veteran from the Somme on my wet tramp back to the car. Looks like it will take longer to clean my kit than I actually spent fishing. My wife sometimes questions my sanity when it comes to my fishing exploits,last night I almost agreed with her..but only "almost"!

N

NottmDon

Just a single obliging chub Nigel,not the best of sessions lol