fish handling

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Never have I seen such disgraceful returning of any fish as I witnessed today with a barbel.
I was fishing on one of the 27 day ticket pegs above Friskerton mentions in AT when a chap wearing a T-shirt with TONY BS on it came and asked what I was doing.He pointed out my mistake but said I could carry on fishing if I would keep an eye for some lads from South Yorkshire who He knew to be somewhere around,as he left I noticed the BS stood for Bob haters Society.
20 minutes later I saw a grey haired chap catch a large barbel on a hand line.He shouted to his mate "weigth this Swormy" "25lb Bob" said Swormy.Then Bob took hold of the Barbel by the tail and swung it round his head 5 times before throwing it back."I'd have curried that-I'm a chef you know" shouted Swormy,to which an old chap in a bush hat woke up and told of curries he'd eaten in South Africa.These 3 men all had t-shirts on with DLVA( I think that's what it said I couldn't get a good look there was a D and a V on them ).
The barbel had gone belly up when Tony arrived shouting "Got you lot on camcorder now" then he gaft hooked the barbel out of the water and carried it 5 miles down stream in a plastic bag to a spot for a safe return.
After witnessing first hand the lack of repect for this magnificant fish I shall give up fishing altogether and join PETA

fishy pete

Reaction score
jesus crist this barbel forums fun!! brightens up an otherwise dull day!!

p.s.
anyone actually got any tips they would like to share on the subject of barbel, or are we just happy to snipe/bitch and back stab?

W

Wolfman Woody

Nice one Mort, but I was under the impression that BS stood for BOB SLAGGERS!

No and yes Billy. :eek:)

Gentlemen - to your corners.........

Ding ding!

fishy pete

Reaction score
might have to start of a thread,BARBEL ON THE 6MTR WIP POLE WITH NO ELASTICS 2LBS LINE AND A SIZE 6 STAINLESS FULLY BARBED HOOK GREAT FUN!!

fishy pete

Reaction score
or what about ''dont put barbel in keepnets, keep em in an old hessian sack with a brick in to way it down'' !!!
lol at b/s!!

fishy pete

Reaction score
okay, maybe that last one IS a bit strong what about ''DEEP TROLLING FOR BARBEL WHITH A BEACHCASTER 20LBS LINE 5OZ GRIPLEAD AND A 2/0 TREBLE!!!!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Tony R - just dug up this old thread for you/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Hah! I dug an older one up /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Geez, for a moment there (didn't read the date of the first post) I thought his lordship had been de-frocked.

of whatever they do to members of the upper house when they're continually 'tired and emotional' - Psst in other words.