Help

B

Benjimima

im only young and iv never match fished i will be entering some small competitions soon in summer! i would like to be catching mostly carp in the match so i can really have a large total has any1 got any tips or rigs for the pole or the feeder that work well?

T

Terry D

It's not much use for lots of people from all over the UK to tell you how to fish a certain water. You really need to ask the local anglers how they fish it, what tackle/bait/rigs they use etc. Just be very quiet and polite when you approach them. Don't stand up behind them and scare their fish if they are fishing close in (known as skylining). If there is a local club that uses the water then try and contact their Match Secretary, I'm sure this is the best way to go. Failing that, check www.nfadirect.com to see if there is a coach who lives near you who may be able to help.

Beecy

Reaction score
you can learn lots by watching good matchmen in action, dont disturb them during the match but ask any questions you may have afterwards, most will offer info freely.

Steve Brookes

Reaction score
try to keep things as simple as possible, but if you are only just starting out your match career,enjoy yourself,and learn as you go.

D

Danny Lancaster

As its your first match, I would personally stick to a method that you are most comfortable with, forget about what everyone else is doing. Bait-wise I would agree with Terry to ask in the local tackle shop or club to see what is currently scoring on the venue.

There's nothing worse in a match than getting to your peg in the frame of mind that you have never fished the "in-method" on a venue and fretting that you are doomed from the start.

Just relax, stick to what your good at and most of all, ENJOY the experience. Dont expect to win the match, try to start off by beating the fisherman either side of you, then progress to try and win the section...and so on. It all takes a lot of time to build up the experience required to be consistently framing in matches, so be patient and dont get dis-heartened.

GOOD LUCK by the way.

Danny