badger boat

K

keith reid

Tried the newly arrived badger baitboat yesterday, just a dry run to try it out.Now luckily i didn't send it too far out,( maybe 30/40 yards max)and it went off ok , but started to slow down and only made it back at snails pace.....now i thought maybe i hadn't charged up the battery properly , but i had. The problem was the jet intake, it had sucked in a lot of weed pieces that were on / in the surface film, which had in turn psrially blocked it (its like a shower head, wee holes) hence the slowing down. Maybe if the boat was loaded it would push the intake lower into the water , but it still has to make it back empty !
Is there anything i could do here ?

macozdog

Reaction score
had the same experience keith,yes problem is somewhat alleviated when loaded.did you find the steering hard work at 1st.

K

keith reid

yes macozdog i did find it a wee bit hard to keep it in a straight line....but i can see that i will get better at it with practice.
Rik ....what experience do you have of badger boats ? Do tell, since it might be worth knowing about.
Anyone got an idea of how to tow a livebait out/ i thought about making a "trailer" for this which would kinda work on a spod principle, ie upright but held with a clip...release the clop and it turns turtle, thus releasing the livebait.Any ideas on this ?

macozdog

Reaction score
leave the weight outside the boat flap thus tethering the livebait till it opens. it works.

K

keith reid

doent the fish, which i take it isn't actually in the boat but getting pulled behind the boat, go pull the boat off course and cause problems ?
Sounds good though !

B

Bill Cox

Never had any trouble with mine worth shouting about. Did the same thing with blanket weed as you kieth but never happened when loaded. I mastered the direction controls in about an hour and find its really is as good as they(badger) say it is. Rik! your experience and advice is one of the main reasons i (and no doubt many others)come on here, but this persistant habit you have of dissing things you consider beneath you and your snobby remarks do you no favours at all.Some of us cannot afford to only use the best tackle and have to explore other avenues.

B

Big Rik

I think 'persistant' is a bit strong Bill.

I could probably search back and show you a stack of posts where I've suggested cheaper alternatives, for the budget conscious members.

I think wedging out several hundred pounds on electronic equipment from a company that has had more negative posts on this site than positives, from people who have used their products, is just asking for trouble.

For the same money you could have bought a good quality second hand boat.

Snobby?
If and when we meet Bill, you'll realise how wide of the mark that comment is, but if you want experience and advice then I'll offer it and it certainly wont br rose tinted or swayed by sponsors.

K

keith reid

2nd hand comes with no guarantee Rik. Just because SOME of their products get bad reviews doesn't mean they are they only make bad products. With a new boat i get a guarantee (and in this case very good cust services.
1 very serious question Rik...have you used a badger baitboat, or are your observations based on other badger products ?
I can see that the steering will be ok once I've practiced a bit more Bill.Thanks for your comments and help.

B

Bill Cox

Maybe your right Rik persistent is probably to strong. But i have noticed it before. One of my pet hates is this modern day belief that designer or named goods are always best. This is not always true and i have some very good kit that tackle tarts would'nt even look at purely because it has the wrong logo on.Its not confined to fishing either, Photograpy is another hobby where names are everything,using the wrong make of camera can mean the difference between getting work or not getting work regardless of how good your shots are. Anyway rant over.