HELP! what venue for a mixed bag of fish on a day session tomorrow?

geggsnick

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a quandry as to to where to go tomorrow, i was thinking linear fisheries but it is fairly pricey and i'm not after monster fish (not really geared up for it) just a nice mixed bag of fish where i can fish a feeder on one line and a bit of float fishing on the other. I always go to the same place in Milcombe, Oxon so though somewhere else would be nice. ANywhere in Oxon would be good, thanks.

Bluenose

Reaction score
How about visiting a local canal or river?

A pint of maggots (or less on the canal) feed little and often and who knows what might turn up?

geggsnick

Reaction score
i've got a canal trip planned for a few weeks time it also has a few nice stretches of river running next to it, i fancy a lake session tomorrow, thanks

geggsnick

Reaction score
i think actually they are both good ideas and i'll do clattercote in the morning and a river session in the afternoon, hopefully get some pics up if i catch, fingers crossed the temperature will go up slightly tomorrow and the fish will be feeding.:D

cg74

Reaction score
Cheyney Manor Barford st Michael, loads of roach, tench and carp.

Boddington res, fish beyond yatch club, roach, bream, tench and of course carp.

Manor lake Kirtlington, quality silvers, tench and bream (plus there are two other carp puddles).

Clattercote res, head to the far bank to avoid the carp but you'll still encounter a few.

Newlands Bents lake (nr Standlake), bream galore plus roach, tench and carp.

Pimlico farm, loads of silvers and carp, just avoid using maggots or the silvers will be small, very small.

Specimen lake at Nellbridge fishery (I think its open?), plenty of quality roach, rudd, tench and bream, use maggots.

Thenford lake nr Banbury, trout, roach, perch, tench, bream and carp.

Drayton Golf course, Warwick rd Banbury (just beyond Drayton secondary school), roach, rudd, bream (mainly skimmers) and carp.

There are no shortage of mixed fisheries BUT yes they all contain carp, though in the main very avoidable.