FAO JRC Stealth owners

S

Stuart Harvey

How long does it take to out it up including the zip on front from scratch?

C

Cakey

up in the time it takes to put a brolly up
then the time to put 5 pegs ins
then the time to pull a zip which takes about 30-40 secs
then put 4 poles in
I suppose 3 or 4 mins but why is there so much made about speed of erection ........I think its the quality when its up that counts i.e. very stable ,rain gutter is very good blah blah blah

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"but why is there so much made about speed of erection"

The mrs might be home at anytime???

W

Wolfman Woody

I got mine the other week and first try took me about 10 minutes. Most of that was working out what went where.

"I think its the quality when its up that counts.." Sadly, there'll be none of that during recovery either Cakey.

S

Stuart Harvey

main for reason for wanting one that goes up and down quickly is for when its raining. also i just don't like faffing about putting up bivvies. sooner its done the better.

so is it stable and strong in the wind?

W

Wolfman Woody

I was thinking of buying some more of these.

I have a couple already and they really do work. Saves all that fiddling about locating the screw properly and then twisting the bankstick. Click and it's in!

W

Wolfman Woody

Hang on - buying these singly works out cheaper. The postage is dearer, but the item is cheaper. Funny but....

Alright, so it's only pennies, but a penny saved is a penny ........ something or other!

W

Wolfman Woody

Better than farting around with threads when it's hisping down.

(not Forum threads btw.)

S

Stuart Harvey

another question for ya

when you've got the zip in panel attached, does the groundsheet cover all ground inside?

J

jason fisher

them clip in thingies cant be tightened to stop them rotating. which might possibly affect the stability slightly, i know because ive got some of em.

Foxy

Reaction score
JRC Stealth brolly is the best bit of kit i have. Bought the overwrap for the STI and it fits like a glove over the top.

My brollys about two years old and needs replacing. I will only buy the brolly, and i would advise anyone not to but the ones with the zip in in-fill panel.......

U

unknownforce

i have this, with the zip in panel - i have found it excellent, quick to put up, stable and yes, the posi connectors make the sodding around woth storm poles and cold hands alot easier (i have them on my bite alarms also). i mainly do day sessions, with the occasional one nighter. if i was going for longer then i would probably get the overwrap or something similar with a double skin.

richard turner

Reaction score
best brolly system on the market by far i also have the sti 2man bivvy also a great bit of kit .

S

Steaker DunLurkin

The sti extended overwrap, makes it even better!