sea fishing in turkey

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
turkey

Not much help I'm afraid but before I went last year I tried to research the same subject.
I was told that you need to apply for a licence months in advance (yes to fish the sea).
I stayed in a different area (saide) and except for two anglers we passed on a boat trip up a river I never saw anyone else fishing. There were certainly no fish bigger than a few centimeters to be seen in the harbours.

I'm glad for your sake you are going to a different destination because when we were there there was a definite sense that the locals didn't think much to us. They would swear at us in the markets if we refused to buy anything and it was quite common to look around and find you had a couple of decidedly dodgy looking escourts.
Be aware that if these people can rip you off in any way or form they will. don't under any circumstances take the taxis because they change the agreed fare half way through the journey and then threaten to get the police if you refuse to pay.. I don't like tarring everyone with the same brush but I didn't come across a single local that gave me a different impression during our stay.

I really do hope you have a different experience
Best of luck
tim

noknot

Reaction score
Hahahaha! Tim,

Sounds just like Morocco! What a hole, I would never go there again even if you paid me, a total nightmare!:j

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would never go there again even if you paid me, a total nightmare

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think I'm allowed back in Turkey . . . . . .

I was, shall we say, 'detained' by the Police for a couple of hours after fracturing a locals' jaw because he would leave my stepdaughter alone and that, despite 3 verbal warnings, he continued to touch her.

Thankfully a few of the traders in the market spoke up for me and I was released with a 'caution' not to wack any more locals during our stay there.

Turkish by name but Turkeys by nature if you ask me!

Last edited:

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
turkey

You have to pay £10 to get out of turkey, by the end of our holiday I would havew been prepared to take a morgage out to exit the place.