Corn Steep Pellets

R

Rodney Wrestt

I've just ordered 10 Kg of CSL pellets as I've heard they are good attractors of general coarse species. Has anyone ground them up to make a paste as with trout pellets? :-}~

P

Paul Williams

Rodney,
The CSL pellets i have tried are designed to break down fairly quickly once in the water so bear this in mind when making up a paste .....perhaps mixing them with or coating your trout pellets with (or both?)would work better?

S

Steve Baker

10kg! Your brave if youve never used then before, but they are good i soak them so they are like a soup and mix it with vitalin for the method. They smell great!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Paul,
I was thinking of mixing them with egg to make a more durable paste, would this work or do you think it would break down too quickly and I should mix it with some sort of base?

Steve,
Do you think mixing the soup into mixers for floater fishing would work ?

S

Steve Baker

Worth a try! What have you got to lose? Don't know how you would go about this though.

The ones i used seemed a bit grainy for a paste, so if i was you i would soak some down first and if they are to grainy liquidise them and sieve them and mix a few eggs to make a paste.

P

Paul Williams

There are a few ways to make them into a paste, i have not played about with them too much....soak them down as Steve says and then use the liquid to add to a binder or ground down pellet to form a paste....