Freespool!

cg74

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, a great read, especially liked the "nothing new" article, seems that the humble boilie (air dried though, so as not to destroy any nutrients) was written about in 1661.
There was me believing the origins of this bait lay in South Africa, still there maybe some validity to 'Ron mad hatter Clay's' claims BUT on the basis that the country was first colonized by Europeans in 1652, that only gives the inventor 9 years tops, so whilst building his new homestead, starting a new government and dodging Zulu spears he found time to indulge in a little innovating, fairplay to that man!!;)
Unless it was invented by an indigenous fisherman, then I doubt that anyone would've recorded that?!!:rolleyes:

Well recommend any/all carp anglers having a browse.:)

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
I have just read the first article. Very interesting and fits in nicely with a discussion on Ian Gemsons "What do carp really eat" article thread.

What a brilliant magazine, I would be happy to b-b-buy (and that ain't easy for me to say) a publication of that quality!

Last edited:

cg74

Reaction score
I would be happy to b-b-buy (and that ain't easy for me to say) a publication of that quality!

Ditto, certainly more of a read than ANY mag in WH Smiths (I was going to mention IYCF but I'll rise above that temptation).:)

Noknot, do you have links to issues 1 and 2, as I can't find anything in that issue.

One criticism though, when you click on the "more girls" link, there are only two to view.:D

noknot

Reaction score
Ditto, certainly more of a read than ANY mag in WH Smiths (I was going to mention IYCF but I'll rise above that temptation).:)

Noknot, do you have links to issues 1 and 2, as I can't find anything in that issue.

One criticism though, when you click on the "more girls" link, there are only two to view.:D
Not sure CG, as the first two were printed, I shall try to find out for you.

noknot

Reaction score
CG, I have been in touch with James who runs the Mag, 1&2 are not online yet, but will be soon, I will let you know.

pelican5

Reaction score
hi all
great read so far, just read the bait debate which was very good although totally left me confused about which to use now-fresh or shelf life boilies.