a tip for breadpunch

nicky

Reaction score
For you more experienced anglers this is probably something you already know but i though it was worth posting anyway for those who dont.

I was reading an internet article by some top matchman the other day and he gave a descrition on how to prepare bread for breadpunch fishing, i tried it and thought it was so good i should share it with others.

take a slice of bread

cut off the crusts

place in the microwave and blast it for 10 secs

roll it into a sausage shape and cut in half

wrap in cling film

you can then either take it as it is and punch enough for an hour or so's fishing on the bank

Or prepare as above including rolling it into a sausage, punch enough for your session then put in a grip seal bag, this way it dries out a bit but the pellets become really tough and durable

both ways work, and you'll find that the bread punch stays on the hook brilliantly, it even allowed a few missed bites without the fish sucking it of the hook so it avoids having to re-bait the hook every cast

Beecy

Reaction score
sounds an interesting article nicky, can you do a link to the page please?

nicky

Reaction score
I'll have to see if i can find the web page again, it was more generally about winter fishing for roach, but this info was part of it. I'll have a look for you.

If I couldn't get any maggots or casters I'd now be happy to take bread punch on it's own it worked that well

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Make your e-mail active on your profile Nicky, and I'll send it to you.

I'm sending yours now Beecy.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Right Nicky.
Have a practce. Posibly start a new thread called Testing.

Beecy

Reaction score
brilliant articles, they have realy got me thinking about how I fish the punch - which is one of my favourite methods.

Ive always gone for the golf ball at the start aproach but now I am going to have to re-consider, I think Ill go to my local lake this weekend (if its not froze over)and have a dabble

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Yes they are good articles.
Just as a suggestion as an alternative.
Prepare the liquidised bread as suggested, and put a small handfull in a spare tray.

Add a little water and mix it into a slop.
Tilt the tray so that the water drains to one end of the tray. Dab your finger into the slop and juggle it to form a small roundish ball about the size of your little finger nail.
You can then throw this into your swim.

Squatt and slop was a good method.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Pray elucidate...
(Yes, I do know what slop and squat are, it's the subtleties that are precious!)

Jeez, two weak beers at lunch and not only did I have to check "subtleties", but it almost came out as "subtitles"! TWICE!!

J.B

Reaction score
Top articals Nicky going to try it the weekend.

nicky

Reaction score
Glad you liked the articles it's, the more i learn about fishing the more i realise that sometimes the small things make all the difference