FISHINGmagic Calendar for 2007 Competition

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
OK, let?s see if this one takes off. If it does then we could end up with a great calendar for 2007. Post your comments about your picture choice, and a link to your picture in the gallery, on this thread.

B

BLAM

An angling calendar is a great idea. Perhaps we could all vote and the top 12 rated pictures get in?

BTW I've not been able to upload pictures in the past week but have emailed support about it.

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
Like the idea. Let's also include dates like when the rod licence runs out, trout season etc. I always ending up having to dig out my rod licence to check.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
So come on then, let's have some pictures posted to the Gallery

W

Wolfman Woody

Is this calendar going to run twelve months or just up until 14th March?

Why otherwise is Jacobs putting up ?10 per picture and the total is only ?110? That's 11 pictures, by anyones reckoning, 10 months June 16th - March 14th and one for the cover.

How do we find out what we're doing in the close season or won't that exist? Have we lost 90 days with the new "Jacobian" calendar instead of just 11 days as he pointed out?

AND -
If April the 1st is missing where will we make a note to buy our new licence? When are we going to decide on the date for the now famous CLATTERCOTE match when the dates for it won't exist?

This is nought but a clever scheme of Mr Jacobs to get us all the accept the old close season. NO FISHING at all for three months. Very cunning, but not cunning enough!

B

BLAM

What btw is a "proper" bait? Is this something that middle aged people used "back in the day" and wished (rather like their libido I suspect) returned to prominence now? Real baits like sweetcorn and bread? Very natural. Very proper.

Just say no to "Nanny" anglers!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff,

The 'missing' month is for June as I said in the article; I have bagsied June.

How else could it work; ?10 per month for eleven months?

So, no, there is no hidden agenda at all, and I feel sad that anyone would think otherwise.

The river close season just means that the March to May pictures won't be from a river.

So, no 'cunning plan' Jeff, just what I thought was a good idea, and a good bit of fun too.

Anyways, its a bit too early yet to start our annual closed season debate, ain't it?

Blam,

To me, proper baits are; maggot, caster, pinkies, worms etc that I associate with the beginning of the season.
Again, I am sorry if my humour is not always understood.
I doubt if any of the FM anglers who know me would say that I am a "nanny" angler.
b.t.w. there is nothing wrong with my libido either ;-)

B

BLAM

It was a tongue in cheek comment aimed at the B.S. and shouldn't detract from what is a good idea here. Unfortunately without dotting everything with smileys it is hard sometimes to impart context.

PS I'm pleased your libido is in good working order. Hopefully the naked girls in waders pictures I'm sending will make it on to the final calendar then =)

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
surely the traditional opening day of the season invokes images of either sitting by an old established estate lake on a summers morning watching the mist clear and lift method fishing for tench using worms,maggots or bread.
or how about standing on a river bank or wading, using a pin reel to trot an old traditional crow quill avon float...

i gotta admit there is something special about that traditional opening day.

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry Peter. Speed read the last two paragraphs of yoru article.

Anyway, I think it should start from April 1st.

In France, this day is known as Fish Day and here it is the day when you need a fresh rod licence, of course. 1st of the month and more or less the beginning of the Spring period. What better time to start the year.

The ancients (Ron might remember) used to hold March 21st as New Years Day. Also, going back to your "lost 11 days" there's a school and village somewhere in the back of nowhere (probably close to Salisbury) that celebrates new year's day on the 12 January even now.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"i gotta admit there is something special about that traditional opening day."

Too true ;-)

Only 5 pictures so far?

Come on, get checking those albums.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
What are the chances of reviving this idea Peter?

I don't remember seeing this thread 1st time around but I browsed your articles after noticing you were ahead of Graham on that 30 day ranking chart.

Oops, nearly inserted a smiling thing then.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul,

Owing to the general lack of interest at the time it sort of died the death so to speak.

If there were sufficient interest I'd gladly front the ?100 again.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Here's one example that I would offer for consideration...
Ellerdine_Lakes.jpg

Not suitable for June maybe but November possibly.

Reaction score
If this goes ahead, i will be taking some more pictures very soon....

Ryan

(Especially if the forces above will give a Cap and T-Shirt )