Day Ticket water on the Non Tidal Trent

richiekelly

Reaction score
ferry farm is day ticket and you can nightfish, the water has produced some big fish in the past, the stretch is the next down from thrumpton.

flightliner

Reaction score
Where would members recommend for catching barbel on the Non Tidal Trent? I am after day ticket stretches. Thanks LU2011.
Take care , if the bank that blanker is talking about is on the same side as the power station, the first club water below the wier is Ashfield Angling (no day, but guest tickets with members), after that to the best of my knowledge its a Sheffield club(no day tickets) that has the water below that-- from there on I,m not certain. If (with respect)Blanker is talking of the bank opposite to the power station then I,m sure he will be correct.

Paul Ford 3

Reaction score
Ferry Farm is a decent stretch and as blanker stated it has thrown up some decent fish, drive past Thrumpton church to the end of the lane. Can be a bit of a circus at times.
Alternatively Clifton Bridge area on the north bank, cant remember the Club name but day tickets available on the bank and you can park under the bridge and someway down the bank, holds decent barbel and carp.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Take care , if the bank that blanker is talking about is on the same side as the power station, the first club water below the wier is Ashfield Angling (no day, but guest tickets with members), after that to the best of my knowledge its a Sheffield club(no day tickets) that has the water below that-- from there on I,m not certain. If (with respect)Blanker is talking of the bank opposite to the power station then I,m sure he will be correct.

ferry farm is the next stretch down from ashfields section 2 on the same side as the power station,right hand bank looking downstream.the left bank from the canal downstream is levas water, the stretch upstream of the canal is private.

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
A1 Pits at Newark, lots of water to go at, good, informative Bailiff and night fishing. gets hammered at the swims nearest the entrance but there are others further downstream

johnnyfby

Reaction score
You wont go far wrong at fiskerton, its my banker area for Barbel.

alandkell

Reaction score
i was thinkin about an attempt for a barbel on the trent possibly a1 pits! it will be my first one if i catch could anyone give advice on tackle tips bait and what i should be looking for swim wise?:)

richiekelly

Reaction score
i was thinkin about an attempt for a barbel on the trent possibly a1 pits! it will be my first one if i catch could anyone give advice on tackle tips bait and what i should be looking for swim wise?:)

i think that the next stretch downstream from the A1 stretch is dayticket but cant remember who runs it, ticket money is collected on the bank.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
alandkell.
Have you ever fished the Trent?

1.75tc rod, at least 10lb main line, heavy open end swim feeder, size12- to size 4 hook, maggots/casters/pellets/spam/worms /breadflake
Swim choice depends on the amount of water in the Trent, most swims will hold barbel,not fished A1 for a long time, but there are favoured areas.

alandkell

Reaction score
no havent fished the trent but have taken a shine to it in passing also been told its a cracker! are there any specific signs to a good swim for a barbel ie. in shallows or on heavy run?:wh

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A well worn bank!! ;)

If the water is coloured put a big chunk of spam down the inside, and let it fish itself. Don't strike at twitches wait for the big twitch!!

With the other rod, fish with the bait of choice, cast again after 15 minutes to the same place.

Alternatively bait swims on the way down river and fish swims on the way back staying about half an hour in each.