HELLO FROM BRISTOL PAC

W

wyepike

If any pike anglers local to Bristol would like to meet other pikers then plse see the letter below thats gone out to our local members in Bristol, Glos, Somerset and Wilts areas.

A couple of dates for your diary and other things I would like your help on.

1. Photos, news and content for the website and PAC Pikelines. Well, I asked for stuff at the last meeting in Nov on CD, hard copy, or by email, but have not yet had any. Nothing, zilch, diddly squat etc etc etc??.So, since my results are too crap to mention this season (6 doubles to 13lb so far), with therefore no news or photos of good fish, I have not built the website or been able to create an adequate newsletter. Over to you folks?.On the positive side though it means that when I do eventually get content from you all it will be very impressive because it will be a seasons worth. So with a bit of luck we can get all that done for next Autumn, I hope (please).

2. The next meeting is (as usual) this Wed 25 Jan at the Midland Spinner pub in Warmley, from 7.30pm ie the same day you receive this letter. We can meet in the bar for an informal chat and exchange of news.

3. A pike fishing competition is at Cheddar Reservoir this Sunday 29th Jan if anyone is interested. Draw is 7am, fishing until 3pm, and R Heard on 07796 990205 is the contact. Judging by my experience last time in November of blanking I would say take your bait boat, its crucial.

4. Our February Bristol PAC meeting will be on Wed 22 Feb at The Midland Spinner at 7.30pm and will have a speaker, buffet etc. I will be writing out soon with the details, posters for tackle shops etc.

5. Our March meeting will be on Wed 29th March and will be an end-of-season event with speaker, slide show and buffet. With time for everyone to have a short slot to show their own photos if they would like to. The Martin Brown Avon Pike Trophy will be presented to whoever has landed the biggest from the Bristol Avon. We will also have an additional competition and worthwhile prize for the angler who has caught the biggest fish this season.

Well that?s it, hope to see you this Wed tomorrow or if not then see you on the 22nd Feb and/or 29th March all at The Midland Spinner.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the info, I will miss tomorrows meeting again, 2-10pm shift.
Hopefully I will make the Feb meeting, I only live down the road in Hanham, shiftwork can be a pain in the arse sometimes.
I'm relatively new to piking, sort of, Levelspiker (Pete) has been giveing us some good tips, so has Chris B and Stu.

Anyway, fingers crossed I/we can make it.

L

levelspiker

it`s good to see that the bristol region is still active.
6 doubles up to 13lbs,it looks like we are all struggling to catch anything decent then!