newbie alert

little oik

Reaction score
Just thought I would say a few words (no nodding off till the end)

I live in Ireland for my sins ,the only plus point for being over here is wall to wall fishing (proper fishing that is, controversial I know)
My passion is tench fishing with the waggler on wild still waters .I have over 50 lakes within 45 mins away (so like a kid in a sweetshop with 50 quid pocket money in the skyrocket )
I have been fishing for as long as I remember. and wish to continue for as long as it takes to try and remember why I cant remember

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I don't think we have any members from Ireland which is strange for a country with some of the best fishing in Europe if not the world....

50 lakes!-you have to be kidding....where do you start with 50 lakes to choose from??

By the way,have you read the book by Rickards & Webb on fishing in Ireland......from memory it was primarily about tench fishing on stretches of the Shannon........again,from memory they caught fish in the 7lb bracket-very big in those days-and led to many people from the UK chasing them for a while..

Anyway,instead of wasting your time on FM,shouldn't you be out VOTING????

Hope the situation improves soon-it is very sad for a great country and great people to be suffering..................................I recall with great affection the wonderful times spent in various Dublin pubs supping the black stuff!!

Welcome anyway!!!

little oik

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and yes have been out to do the deed (slighty silly party )but dont tell any one
the biggest problem over here is what lake you want to fish .Sometimes its a case of :- Oh cant be bothered going to that one its a half mile trek to the swim and that one means you got to climb over the gate ,Ill just go to that one that I fished last week as long as the farmer hasnt put a parking meter up by the swim.
Its got its plus points and bad points but it depends on what side of the balance sheet you are leaning towards .lol

Last edited:

little oik

Reaction score
I know kevin from another site .

If any of you need any info on stuff over here don't hesitate etc