I Saw ?Her? Again Today

A

Andrew Thomas 1

Remarkable, an identical experience to one written about on BFW in 2004, who says lightning can't strike twice.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
How perceptive and very typical of your type of posting Andrew. Its what we have come to expect. Contribute nothing

It was offered to FM as an article that had appeared in print before.

Graham

Rob Hilton

Reaction score
Wonderful article Graham, superbly written. I can almost put myself there if I close my eyes.

I've also read it before in BF,but well worth reading again.

Rob

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I thought I had read it before but good nonetheless.Given it was 2004 it begs the question Graham as to whether you ever crossed swords again.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Hi all thanks for the comments. Appreciated. Except the Saddo.

This season has been very good with some excellent fish to over 13lb and 13 doubles from the river. However, "She" has not been seen by me on the stretch this season. I think I know where she might be hiding though.

I am not too disappointed however, it was a pleasure just watching and hoping, and it would have ruined the expectations as well.

If it ever comes about I will let you know.

I'm 3/4's of the way through writing a barbel/general fishing book of stories with 26K words so far. Mind you it's been like that for 5 months!

Kindest regards

Graham

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Graham,

Couple of honest but well meant questions.

1. Do you have a publisher?

2. Has anyone commented on your writing style with brutal frankness?

These are based on my reading experience rather than my own pitiful writing skills, and none as a literary critic. Like Kevin (Perkins), I hack away, enjoy myself attempting to express a few ideas, pleased to stir some thinking, glad that someone will read the result but having no pretentions that it is of literary value. This is only my own perception but this writing comes over to me as stream of consciousness rather than structured, lightly laced with purple prose. That should get some bites ;o)

Good luck!

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
1/ Yes Mark

2/ Yes Mark

The most important thing for me is to get it finished, to have enjoyed writing it, to have something solid left behind that maps out my years fishing.
This particular piece is a very different style than previous attempts/articles/stories, was penned in a different way on purpose and I agree with your summary totally. In fact I'm pleased with it.
The Book. Am I going to make any money. No. Do I care. No.

Its for me and anyone who might want it. There are a few more old ones here if anyone wants to have alook.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/intrograham.htm

Graham

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I like that, its like reading excerpts from a fishermans diary, brief and to the point but still manages to convey a "wish I was there" response, well from me at least.

How could you possible not want to track it down and catch it, you must have dreams of it in the net and it would make a nice story on its own wouldn't it written Hemingway style?