Adivewhich reel ?

L

little sister

I'm new-ish to fishing and want to buy a quality reel for float/feeder fishing.
I fish fairly large rivers and some lakes. I was lucky enough to be taken down to the throop recently and caught a 6+ chub and a barbel, this is the type fish im after.
Can anybody recommend a good reel.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I'd expect big bruv DB to let you have his seeing as how he just catches minnows!

A Shimano Stradic 2500 GTM is perfect for floatfishing; the 4000 size more suited to feeder fishing.

L

little sister

Hello mark, fancy telling people DB has been minnows fishing on the the throop.
See you in the summer
Jeff.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Jeff,

We are ALL after 6lb chub but get them far, far less often than we'd like to but isn't that the beauty of angling, and what keeps us trying?

Best Regards and Good Luck
Mark

L

little sister

The title to this thread is,
Advise which reel ?
Got distracted.

Paul B

Reaction score
If you get the 4000 size stradic or cheaper super gt, you can buy a shallow spool to hold 100-150 yards of 4 or 3lb line. You can also get a "match" version in the 4000 size; shimano don't do shallow spools in the 2500 size tho(bloomin daft IMO).

I've had a pair of shimano aero gt3010's for over 15yrs; been brill but now the drag has packed up on one and felindre shimano presently have no spares for it.
=0(

I've just bought a pair of okuma polycast to replace them; nowhere near as smooth as the stradic/super gt butIMHO the drag is better(front drag) and 2 for the price of 1 stradic.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks for that Mark, Jeff aint stopped rubbing it in!
And No! he can't have my ABU 501.

I think he ballsed his title up cos he's still shaking from his chub capture!

;-]