Kid-sized life jackets

C

Chris Bishop

Anyone got a kid-sized life jacket lying about which would fit a 10 year old your nipper's grown out of..?

C

Chris Bishop

Hoping to get one *cheap* mate. You picked a good weekend not to come down here, it's brass monkeys, doubt we'll catch sod all.

L

levelspiker

chris,sundridge do a flotation suit in sizes between xxxsmall to kingsize.its called the sundridge sas2,if you buy one,you get a flotation vest the same size free of charge.as for lifejackets,most yacht\boat chandlers sell them.
there are usually ads in boat fisherman mag.

C

Chris Bishop

Want a jacket so he can wear it with a T-shirt in the summer mate.

I have loads of chandlers up the coast but the things cost an arm and a leg.

B

Bob Watson

Chris wait til holiday season round your place, knock on moored boats near pubs, no answer!! go aboard and half inch the kids life jackets, sorted.

Sharky

Reaction score
Chris,
I used to work refurbishing ships, whilst working in Genoa the coastguard came aboard and tested the lifejackets on the liner we were refitting, an 8kg (eight) weight was attached to a jacket and thrown in the harbour. It sank! So did subsequent jackets.
Don't buy secondhand lifejackets! (Or sell the kid.)

C

Chris Bishop

I don't plan on falling in mate but knowing my lad he's probably going to manage it at some point. Suppose I could just feed him polystyrene for a few days before he comes out.