Sunny Times

C

Cakey

there was a bit about Andy and his DNA testing for record claims and Bob Church's 56 pike haul in 4 hours
the whole bit was about 2"x4"
I just wondered if this was new from the sun

C

Cakey

I saw it for the first time sat Merv and your right with the name

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Cheers Cakey, years since I read the Sun, if I'm not mistaken, Stan Piecha, (nothing wrong with MY memory), was a big mate of David Hall, originator of Coarse Fisherman.

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
I know we have Angling papers, but are you like me in thinking that the national newspapers, which all have big sporting sections, give very little to Angling. Considering it is probably, or at least up there in the top three as our biggest participant activity i think the amount of article space each week is appaling! Darts! that game of huge beer swilling geezers - has more reporting. Horse racing gets shedfuls, as well. Many minority sports get a good half spread page, (I saw one recently on Ice Hockey) and just how much soccer reporting we have is stifling. C'mon you newspaper sports editors, even just once a month, get Angling a "Decent" column worth reading. Poor old Nuddy's tiny bit just isnt justification of the popularity of the sport. Nuff said, whinge over !