timsbury manor

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
my self and yoggy have booked a days grayling fishing at timsbury manor for a couple of weeks time.has any one here fished there before and can someone give us some general grayling fishing pointers???
were really looking forward to this day out and it goes without saying that any help,clues,hints and tips will maximize our time there and make the long journey home a happy one.
many thanks gents....

B

Barry Edney

Travel light and keep mobile. I like to start at the upstream end and work down. (I suppose thats obvious really!) Have a few trots through with an avon-style float. If no bites are forthcoming move down a bit. Try different depths also.

Maggots, worms and maybe corn will catch the Grayling..... and Trout. There are some nice Roach in there, apparently, so bread could be worth a try as well, feeding either mashed or liquidised.

You may also hook a large Sea Trout or a Carp so don't fish too light.

I think there are a couple of articles on here as well. So you might want to have a search. (In technique I would imagine)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Fished it yesterday, cracking place, lots of Grayling, 1 trout, went against the Grayling grain and fished white maggots which scored well in conjuntion with a loafer, smidging off bottom, little n often.
I fished the main river but the carriers seemed like great fun for the other lads. All i took was a rod n pin, landing net and small bag of bits, roving approach. Had a load of fish in spot just before end of the island mid river.

nicky

Reaction score
Last time I went i used a small stick float, 6 or 7 x No6 shot down the line, No10 about 3 inches from the hook, and a number 8 just above that.

Just feed regularly about 10 maggots every cast.

They will take them at all depths and will rise off the bottom to intercept them on the way down. They have an upturned mouth.

I caught 40 last time i went so this method works.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
a bunch of mates of another forum have booked the whole fishery for the day and i think there maybe some spare places due to drop outs ect its booked for the 12 feb if anyone is interested in joining them then they need to know by Wednesday to see if any places left contact fordy tell him chavender sent you !
e-mail: andy.ford@itv.com

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Had a look over xmas while i was down did'nt fish minus 10 every night and not getting much above frezing during day. Lovely looking bit of river. Had a pint at the Mayfly a little upstream and whatched the big trout just sitting there. Will definatly re-visit next time i am down that way.

Y

yoggy

Brian,can you remember if the mayfly serves meals?Only i`m sure myself and Nick will be peckish after a days fishing!.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I does mate. Its upstream of the beat by a couple of miles. On a map its were it crosses the river at stockbridge.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
oi oi saveloy....speak of the devil....lol

what kind of depth on average can we expect down there and whats the flow/current like...does it need any extra water pushing through before you can comfortably trot with a pin reel???