night lure fishing

will kerr

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success using a lure at night. I know deadbaiting and livebaiting produce fish but would a pike be able to detect a lure in the dark?
thanks.

J

jon helyer

Tie a stopknot a couple of feet above your trace, it'll stop you reeling the trace swivel into the tip ring......

J

jason fisher

that's a brilliant idea john, i'm always doing that in low light.

tomo

Reaction score
Pike sense the lure through its lateral line,they pick up the vibrations.

L

levelspiker

put a soft rubber bead between the stop knot and trace swivel,that definately stops you from reeling the swivel into the tip ring!

will kerr

Reaction score
I went lure fishing last night and had two fish. One a small jack pike was hooked on the outside of the mouth. The other a near twenty was hooked in the side. I dont know what has happened here. All i can think was that the pike were lying near the bottom and the lure will have got caught on them. Is there any other way i can stop false hooking pike. The near twenty felt like a 30 when i hooked it.
Tight lines

C

Chris Bishop

If you use lures which have an erratic action, the pike sometimes mistime it, miss the lure and end up foul-hooked.

Probably more chance of this happening at night.

L

levelspiker

i`ve got a luminous kalin big n mega grubbed rigged up in my collection,i really must try it one night.
at present,my local canal is gin clear,ideal for night luring.