Korum Rucksack

B

BLAM

This is well worth considering even though I'm looking increasingly like some sort of Korum fan boy on the bank. I've had the bait and tackle bag and the rod holdall for 12 months now. Both come up looking brand new after a quick scrub and are amazingly hard wearing. I've been snug inside their winter clothing range for several months and there's not a tear in sight despite regularly tiptoeing through the brambles. The accessory chair has proved its worth several times over and recently added bits such as wheels make it even more useful so good luck to Korum who keep turning out intelligently designed and thoughtful kit.

I can't get my bait box lids on either though and the big one ended up as a greenhouse pot holder.

John Wood 2

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a rough idea of the size of the rucksack - either in inches / cm or litres.

Many thanks

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Just done a quick measurement and the main compartment is approximately 15" deep, 7" from front to back, 14" wide.

Not very big, but this main compartmant is surrounded on all sides by generous pockets and you probably won't need to take a separate tackle box.

John Wood 2

Reaction score
Thanks Graham - looks like just what I need as I like to carry as little as possible. The trouble with me , is that if I use a bigger rucksack, I end up stuffing it full of unnecessary tackle!

Can I also say what a fantastic magazine and forum you've got. I'm more interested in fishing natural waters, using proper skills rather than trying to catch tame fish in an overstocked fish pond! CF Magazine offers an informative, thought provoking and mature read - hardly a mention of match fishing!

John.

D

Deecy ACA

Probably the best rucksack I have owned.Gets all my river gear inside,plus room for bait and the odd sandwich.Very comfortable on the back,excellent,very good design.My only niggle is the zips, I may be proved wrong but I think they could have done with being a bit heavier duty.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i recently purchased the smaller tackle bag with the silver thermal type lining and the front pocket with all the mini tackle boxes in it.its just the ticket for my roving type fishing for chub etc....
my one and only gripe though is why on earth did they put two magnetic hook boxes in it... one is more than enough!!! if anyone out there wants to swap the one i dont use for one of the bits boxes then get in touch with me.

Mark Windsor

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new to the site but I like the content and the helpful friendly advice. I was looking at getting one of these Korum tackle rucksacks.I am interested in the dimensions of the side pockets and I would appreciate any help. Will the side pockets take fixed spool reels for example? any help appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

W

Wolfman Woody

Graham would be best to answer that question, but I doubt the side pockets would hold a reel comfortably. You might get one in at a squeeze, but most reels would be too wide and lumpy.

The side pockets (I have the smaller tackle bag) are designed more for sets of scales and flattish items.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Same for me,Korum Rucksack,Two Rod Holdall,bait bag and just about to get the suit
Spot on stuff

By the way for the barbellers out their the little Korum pva kit is spot on too,comes in its own box with a stringer needle for about 9 quid

Regards Matt

P

paul williams 2

I think the korum gear looks the part and is well made......but i'm sorry but no rucka that is meant to be taken seriously should have exposed zips.......not a dig just a bit of constructive.

Does any "mass" produducer have the bottle to produce the real ultimate range of gear, and would we be willing to pay for it?

I ask because i have just spent a days fishing in torential rain with a few pals with the full spectrum of "designer" fishing gear......we all got wet!

S

Sean Meeghan

I've got one and I quite like it. I do agree with Paul about the zip closure though. Its probably going to fail there at some point. My only other niggle is that it should have 4 D rings instead of 2. This would make strapping an unhooking mat or a warm coat to the back a lot easier.