Owner braid scissors

sagalout

Reaction score
Manufacturer says :
"Super Cut" scissors can only be described as "amazing" in the way they effortlessly cut through even the finest micro-threads of today's high-tech braided lines. Other scissors that make similar claims can't compare! Scissors are made from stainless steel, have durable high-impact handles, and include a handy soft padded sheath with attachment loop

I says :

I bought these because when I asked "what are the best" these polled the most votes. I have nothing to compare these with except my stanley knife and a razor blade, having never owned a pair of braid scissors before.

They cost me £12.95 including free delivery from Mr Fish in Jersey, this was as cheap as I could find them. The Korda and ESP and Korum braid scissors are around the £5 mark but when reseaching on the internet all of these brands have mixed reviews, but the only negative I read about the Owners was the cost.

What can I tell you, my (big fat) fingers fit in the handles (just a nice fit) and the scissors cut braid that is hanging loose cleanly without fraying. They cut anywhere on the blade including the tip.

If you was to stick them in your eye you would have your eye out, so Owner very thoughtfully provide a cover for them. This cover has a little ring (titter ye not) presumably to allow you to attach a lanyard thus preventing you from loosing your new shiny expensive scissors, however the scissors do not fit well into this cover and therefore you would be very foolish to rely on the cover to save your scissors from lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
As one of those who voted Owner I have a pair of these and also 2 pairs of the cheaper ESP scissors. Why ? Because my gear is now "modular" and I dont want to have to keep swapping things around various boxes & bags.

The Owners live in my "most often used" box because they are the best by a very long country mile. If you only plan to buy one pair of braid scissors then buy these. I probably shouldn't but I use them to cut trace wire too...not a problem.

The sheath thing they come in I find useful simply because it makes them easier to spot.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I use them to cut trace wire too...not a problem..
It will be! You should not cut any other material with them, at all, not even paper!

It's not the scissors that are at fault, it's the user!

A hairdresser friend bought a pair of top quality Japanese scissors, £430, and one day she caught her boyfriend cutting a coupon out of a magazine with them. That was it, ruined! Honestly, ruined!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It will be! You should not cut any other material with them, at all, not even paper!

It's not the scissors that are at fault, it's the user!

A hairdresser friend bought a pair of top quality Japanese scissors, £430, and one day she caught her boyfriend cutting a coupon out of a magazine with them. That was it, ruined! Honestly, ruined!

Well that's told me then. I wont in future but they are perfectly fine so far.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Well that's told me then.
Just getting my own back for being stopped at Heathrow once just because I was carrying a Schiphol Duty Free bag. :wh :D Do you know, could I account for my whereabout, where I'd stayed, where I'd been? I hadn't a clue, my host picked me up and drove me to his office, booked my hotel at night and in the morning dumped me back on the train to Schiphol. And for that I had the Spanish Inquisition, almost rubber gloves time! :cool:

Seriously though, you will ruin them and even now they may not cut braid quite the same. For wire, there are wire cutters available.