Shelter, dome or oval brollie ??

S

Steve Gifford

I have just recently taken up carp fishing and am well a truly hooked ! I am considering purchasing one of these shelter thingies and need some advicer.
I have a couple of normal large brollies but these are not really any good for a day sesion in the winter and I don't want to mess around putting up my bivvy. I like th elook of the JRC shelter but it hasn't got a fixed-in ground sheet. Any constructive comments will be appreciated.

S

Steve Gifford

Shame the only response I got was from a football fan (and I could be more desriptive but this is a fishing forum)! Yeah I like football too, but I'd like some tips re the question I posed, Thanks.

E

EC

OOOOh, get you tiger! It was a joke, we do that a lot here!

Try the carp forum if you want more detailed responses from carp anglers, and if your question doesn't get answered to your satisfaction try and log on each day or thereabouts and get it back to the top of the board!

As for me, well short sessions on still waters and rivers I use a 50inch oval, no sides!

I also have a fox evo compact brolly which one day will get used if I stay for much longer than 12-18hours!

S

Steve Gifford

Cheers for that Eddie.
Looks like I'll settle for something similar but I think I'm gonna need the sides and a ground sheet. I like a bit of comfort!

Steve Barrie

Reaction score
Wychwood extremis brolley is excellent comes complete with ground sheet, front cover, storm poles and tent pegs as a package and can be erected in minutes, but once it comes out of the bag it's comes in don't expect to ever get it back in it.

Francophil

Reaction score
For day sessions and the occasional overnighter, have a look at the Chub Cyclone EZ Xtra. It's lightweight, is up in a few seconds, comes with a groundsheet & pegs and has a zip in front section.

Go to the Chub Leisure website where there's a short video demonstrating how quickly it can be put up and taken down.