blu tack

nicky

Reaction score
has anyone ever tried using blu tack instead of plasticine for saftey weights for fishing snaggy swims, if so was it any good?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I should imagine it would be a lot more expensive --but it WOULD have the added bonus of not leaving any stains

nicky

Reaction score
it is more expensive at a quid a pack, but im not worried about that as i have a nice ball left over from christmas, plus i haven't seen anywhere selling plasticine lately

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

what do you mean not leaving any stains?

It doesn't mark the wallpaper ...!!

nicky

Reaction score
warren thats an interesting read, i saw that method in practise in on corse with dean macey recently.

We used to do something very similar when we were kids fishing the small river ebbw for small brownies, we didn't have much tackle back then. size 12 hook, two bb's one about 6" from the hook another at 12" nice size lob worm which would help as a good casting weight, flick the bait into a nice pacey run slighty up steam, reel in the slack, place the line over your finger too feel for bites, and let the bait run through the swim, the bites would be unmistakeable as the fish plucked at the worm, we would catch plenty of trout whereas you wouldn't get a touch all day using a staic bait, the fact that it was moving would make it irresitable to the trout