moored boats.

T

Tomo(b.a)

Can anybody give me a little advice.
Right your on the bank at your choosen swim,this is a steady flowing river its a murky green colour and around 15 foot. On your right is a large 30 foot bridge.To your left miles of open stretch.
About 20 foot in front is a massive barge.

Ive been using a float set up,using smelt on 1 rod and sprat on the other,casting right tight to the barge.
Ive tried spinning,pluggin etc,but not a sniffle.
On my deadbait rods ive had 1 fish on every visit (good fish may i add)but only the one, and on the d/b rod.
Am i doing something wrong??????

L

levelspiker

perhaps there`s only one fish in the swim mate,is the one fish that you have been catching the same one each time?
if so,i`d try another area if i were you.

T

Tomo(b.a)

No all been different mate.From 9lb and the biggest is 26lb 4oz.All weighed and caught on the same method...???????BAFELLS ME.

Matt Drew

Reaction score
Perhaps one fish gets under the barge and is territorial and keeps the others away .On the drains I fish they sometimes put ropes accross to stop weed moving,often a pike will get under here and a run will come quick but rarely more than one unless its a very large weed raft.

L

levelspiker

i`d be tempted to move swims after the first capture if i found this happening!
but then again,there may be two big fish under the barge one day.
if you only catch one,at least you haven`t blanked,so you must be doing it right.

T

Tomo(b.a)

Went piking today same place near the barge and hooked 3 doubles all different landed 2. ace fun.

C

Chris Bishop

Can't get out this weekend, wife's away so I have to do all the *wife stuff*.