Bivvies

njb51

Reaction score
I need to clean my bivvy as last time i used it, i had to put it away in the wet. That was about 2 months ago and it hasn't seen daylight since!

So, i'm assuming that when i take it out, it's going to stink a bit and will require cleaning.

What do you guys use to clean it? Is there a protective layer put on bivvies (like tents) that will mean using a special cleaning agent? Or shall i just erect (ooo sailor!) it and blast it with water and let the air get at it?

E

EC

I think a lot of the lads here get married for that very purpose!

E

EC

Just get it out, let it dry and if it stinks so what? Stop being such a tart!

S

Spoddy

Jonny first thing is to get it out right now(captain peacock are you free!)it could still be damp.
And check for any damage.

Hang it up indoors if you can.

njb51

Reaction score
"Hang it up indoors if you can."

and risk having my knackers stapled to the wall??

E

EC

Who wears the trousers Jonny?

Just tell your missus you are doing it for a 12 year old vagrant boy who has no home and no family, and could she find it in her heart to forgive just this once?

It hasnt rained here for weeks, chuck it in the garage, spare room or garden if its forecast dry!

Either way it'll be fine!

E

EC

Spoddy's post says it all!

*makes mental not for future Seek marital advice from Pikey!

L

Les Clark

Jonny ,if you put it away wet two months ago it could be in a bad way ,get it out and put it up in the garden to see if there`s any damage ,I don`t know if bivvies rot like the tents used to but I would think so ,check it out has soon as possible.

S

Steaker DunLurkin

Put it away wet ..........
...... 2 months ago .........
.......... you've now got a big bag of mildew.
Brush off what you can, let it dry out and tell every it's this years Leopard Realtree design, they'll all want one.

E

EC

Struggling with his wireless connection no doubt!

Its sh*te trying to power a pc from a candle!