repeat captures

L

levelspiker

over the years,i`ve seen several different pike,that have been recaught within an hour of the first capture.
a good mate of mine once hooked and landed a 16 pounder on deadbait,he returned it to the water,and before he could rebait and cast his rod,the same pike took the bait on his other rod!
jc and myself once captured a pike no less than four times between us one afternoon!we were leap frogging swims up the drain and the pike must have followed us.

C

Chris Bishop

Stuck one back and it's took the next rod or a mate's bait in the next swim a few times, have also had repeats years apart.

L

levelspiker

proof that angling isn`t cruel and also proof that fish don`t feel pain as we do.

B

Bob Watson

I've had the same Jack a few times from a weirpool on the river leven.

Do you still think we had the same fish at the great ouse Chris?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

The quickest that I knew about was 24 hours. Chris saw me catch it the first time at 16 1/2 lbs. It also weighed the same when re-caught - on the Ouse near Ely.

I have re-caught large mouth bass within minutes.

M

Martin Walker

I gloved a catfish for my brother whilst fishing on a boat on the Ebro I unhooked it as my brother put the rod in the rod holder and I tossed the eel back in the water. I held up the catfish and guestimated 55lb to which he agreed. I slipped the catfish back over the side and the rod in the rest bent straight over. "You must have foul hooked that one again as its swum off" I said. It did not take long to pull up for gloving, foul hooked? no hooked at back of throat It must have taken the bait in less than 2 seconds after being released,greedy or what