Canal Carping

Paul Vickers

Reaction score
I live in Milton keynes and mainly fish the grand union canal, any one got any good tips or advice to do with canal carping or hot spots in and around the MK area.

E

EC

Do a search mate, someone asked that very same question not long back!

Linkage anyone?

Johno

Reaction score
Pre bait is the way to go i think, go to a big pet food store and get some vitalin and bird seed its dead cheep, prepare properly and put about a 5 leter bucket full in every 2 to 3 days and a few boiles, I did this this time last year on the Bridgewater canel and banked 6 carp and lost about 4 in a over night session

Liam Mccarlie

Reaction score
pre bait for several weeks, but bait up several areas because fish move and they could be anywhere. take less kit and be mobile"

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
You are in the best Canal Carping area bar none mate. Take a look around a few marinas, they go to big 30's. Tring is just down the road (M1) and the whole stretch has numerous Carp well into 30s.

Big Tip: Find where the people on Sundays feed the ducks whilst walking with the grandkids. The Three Locks springs to mind, right outside the pub.

Paul Vickers

Reaction score
Think i may try area around pennyland marina or fenny marina, both spots look promising, i have concentrated on a stretch nearer leighton buzzard the last three years, had plenty up to 17lb but wanna get my first 20,thanks for the help all.

Big Mart

Reaction score
Morning Paul,

From experience I can tell you that the section near the Giffard Park Pub is worth a crack. Theres a couple of low twenties commons that are partial to a mixer off the top near an overhanging willow on the far side. Thers also another Marina a bit further South near Bolbeck Park where I believe a few good fish have come out.

Paul Vickers

Reaction score
thanks for the help ill go for a long walk on sat to check out the spots mentione d. Cheers